Info Needed for Diverter Install on a DK55C

/ Info Needed for Diverter Install on a DK55C #1  

Piney Woods Rooter

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 585-DI & Kioti DK55C w/upgraded 1595 FEL
I'm planning on adding a hydraulic diverter set-up, to power a new root rake grapple, and need some information. Can someone tell me the size of the hydraulic hose and connectors and the type of connectors I need to plumb the Kioti FEL valve? The new diverter block ports are 3/8 (-06) ORB (SAE) and the new grapple hoses will have 1/2" AG couplers but can be changed to 3/8" if requested.

Thanks

/ Info Needed for Diverter Install on a DK55C #2  
If you really mean a diverter (vs 3rd function) the valve usually mounts on the loader with the inputs connected to the existing curl circuit 1/2 inch quick couplers where the loader connects to the tractor. One set of outputs go to new quick couplers on the cross tube and the other set of outputs connect to the existing hard lines of the loader curl circuit. So the loader valve threads are not a factor. The existing loader hoses are probably 3/8 inch. This Guide:
https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/v/vspfiles/downloadables/thread_guide.pdf
should help you identify the fittings.

/ Info Needed for Diverter Install on a DK55C
If you really mean a diverter (vs 3rd function) the valve usually mounts on the loader with the inputs connected to the existing curl circuit 1/2 inch quick couplers where the loader connects to the tractor. One set of outputs go to new quick couplers on the cross tube and the other set of outputs connect to the existing hard lines of the loader curl circuit. So the loader valve threads are not a factor. The existing loader hoses are probably 3/8 inch. This Guide:
https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/v/vspfiles/downloadables/thread_guide.pdf
should help you identify the fittings.

Yes, I'm talking about a diverter that doesn't use the Power Beyond port. I've just started planning this project and hadn't considered what you suggested. Your idea is so much better than what I had in mind - thanks!

/ Info Needed for Diverter Install on a DK55C #4  
The first step is to find a location to physically mount the valve where it will be protected (from brush, etc.) and not interfere with the loader in any position. Then locate the new quick couplings. Finally measure for hoses and fittings. I like JIC swivel fittings everywhere except the back of the quick couplings which are NTP. You might want a breakaway clamp (for the new quick disconnects) which will release if there is a strong tug on the attachment hose. If you look around on TBN you'll find photos showing how others set it up. Bu the way, you'll want a push button on the joystick to switch between curl and the new ports.

/ Info Needed for Diverter Install on a DK55C
Good info, thanks!