CK3510/4010

/ CK3510/4010 #1  

SDT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Multiple Fords and Kubotas
Recently, a new shop opened up in my area owned by an acquaintance of mine. He sells Kioti tractors as well as other brands of mowers, etc. This is the first and only Kioti dealer in my area.

I'm a long time old Ford and modern Kubota owner but am open to Kioti now that there is a nearby dealer who I know.

I'm considering replacing a VERY good Ford 8N with Sherman combination transmission (12 speed) that I use only to pull a 5' rotary cutter in areas that do not look well if cut with one of my larger tractor/mower combinations. The Kubota dealer in my area treats me well and I do lots of business there but they are not known for competitive pricing. I cannot justify spending his asking price for a Kubota L3301/3901 just to pull my 5' cutter 4 or 5 hours each year.

Yesterday, I stopped into the new Kioti dealer and picked up a full line brochure to look over.

I'm considering a CK3510H or 4010H. I like the warranty and the incentives but know nothing about Kioti other than they are Korean made. I have no issue with Korean made equipment.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these models?

SDT

/ CK3510/4010 #2  
I had to replace my CK-27 after a fire totaled it. I went with a CK-3510HST and am thrilled with it. I like the precise control when doing loader work that a hydrostat offers. My shuttle shift worked fine but the control I have with the HST cleaning the barn is great. I only have 3" clearance on the sides of the tractor when the lambing jugs are up and being able to stop just by lifting my foot is a treat. The bucket is wider than my other and the loader will lift more than the one on the 27 would. I would recommend getting the linked pedals and cruise control if you get a HST. Coming from a shuttle shift the linked pedals made the transition nearly painless. My only serious gripe is that the backhoe didn't come with pads for the outriggers. The 27 did so go figure.

Last edited:
   / CK3510/4010
I had to replace my CK-27 after a fire totaled it. I went with a CK-3510H and am thrilled with it. I like the precise control when doing loader work that a hydrostat offers. My shuttle shift worked fine but the control I have with the HST cleaning the barn is great. I only have 3" clearance on the sides of the tractor when the lambing jugs are up and being able to stop just by lifting my foot is a treat. The bucket is wider than my other and the loader will lift more than the one on the 27 would. I would recommend getting the linked pedals and cruise control if you get a HST. Coming from a shuttle shift the linked pedals made the transition nearly painless. My only serious gripe is that the backhoe didn't come with pads for the outriggers. The 27 did so go figure.

Thanks for your reply.

I stopped back to my dealer after posting and took a better look. Most of what I saw I liked but I noticed that the CK series does not have turning brakes. For my purposes, this is probably not a show stopper but I do occasionally use the left brake on the 8N to control direction when cresting a steep incline when I must lift the mower and the front wheels are momentarily off the ground.

My new dealer is vague on pricing so I will travel to my next close dealer for pricing.

What are "linked pedals?"

SDT

/ CK3510/4010 #4  
On my 3510 the brakes are tied together with a latch which can be unlatched to use left & right independently. Linked pedals are when the throttle is linked to the HST pedals. So it operates more like a car. You can unlink them by moving a lever on the dash. It's an option I really like. I would get the 3510 and if you need more HP I think the tuners will come up with a tune for the ECM which will then give you 40HP if needed. I didn't see the need for the extra 5 HP so I went with the 3510. I have a good dealer who is very helpful. I didn't get the deal of the century but got mine for 26K with the 4010 loader and KB 2475L backhoe with mechanical thumb. Along with the linked pedals & cruise control.

Here's a link to the specs and other information.

CK351 HST Value Tractor | Kioti Tractors
tt

/ CK3510/4010
On my 3510 the brakes are tied together with a latch which can be unlatched to use left & right independently. Linked pedals are when the throttle is linked to the HST pedals. So it operates more like a car. You can unlink them by moving a lever on the dash. It's an option I really like. I would get the 3510 and if you need more HP I think the tuners will come up with a tune for the ECM which will then give you 40HP if needed. I didn't see the need for the extra 5 HP so I went with the 3510. I have a good dealer who is very helpful. I didn't get the deal of the century but got mine for 26K with the 4010 loader and KB 2475L backhoe with mechanical thumb. Along with the linked pedals & cruise control.

Here's a link to the specs and other information.

CK351 HST Value Tractor | Kioti Tractors
tt

Interesting.

The CK hydrostat models that I were on my dealers lot had only a single brake pedal operating both rear brakes. In other words, no steering brakes.

This may be OK for yuppies but is not OK for experienced tractor operators.

What year is your CK.

SDT

/ CK3510/4010 #6  
My 2012 CK35 Hst has split brakes and the treadle on the right side. The steering brakes can only be used.....if

1. You have the cruse control set. Or
2. You have 2 right feet.

/ CK3510/4010
My 2012 CK35 Hst has split brakes and the treadle on the right side. The steering brakes can only be used.....if

1. You have the cruse control set. Or
2. You have 2 right feet.

This is identical th the Kubota 3301/3901, and is the reason that I ruled them out in years past.

The current model CK tractors have separate forward and reverse hydro pedals, as do JD SCUTS but only a single brake pedal.

I like the dual hydro pedals but still want steering brakes.

SDT

/ CK3510/4010 #8  
Regarding the issue of split brakes I'm not sure you will like them even if you had them. In the specific situation you mention for minor "course drift" correction maybe, for all out "power turning" to make a tight corner - don't bother.

Even though the CK35 / CK3510 and the 8N have almost the same wheel base & track - the turning radius is vastly different. I have not made actual scientific measurements to confirm, but I suspect this is due to a combination of:
- 2WD vs 4WD front ends
- If you're actually in 4WD or not (on the CK)
- Turning Angle (I'm almost positive the 8N has a much higher cramp angle than the CK - also due to the nature of the 2WD front end)

Having spent some 30+ years on the 8N and about 4 on the CK I will tell you that
1) The actual seat height on the CK is higher so what felt stable on the 8N will feel "tippy" on the CK because you're sitting higher over the rear axle - wear your seat belt & keep the ROPS up (technically you should all the time but at least until you get used to the feel of what's stable & what's not)

2) If you can leave the FEL on when you mow, the front end won't come off the ground. If it does you're either on way too steep ground or pulling way too heavy a hog (and yes I have done the "brake dance" on the 8N many times myself. Just because we survived doesn't mean it was safe or smart :laughing: We live, we learn.)
[Edit to add - almost forgot - have the front tires filled also, that will give you some extra weight even with the FEL off.]

When we bought our CK - I really wanted to step up to a 40HP but at the time that meant going to a DK series (and a price jump). In hindsight I'm glad we didn't because all the implements from the 8N work perfectly behind the 35. If I had to pick one single regret about it, it would be that we went with the Gear/Shuttle instead of Hydrostatic. Neither Dad or I really had any experience with hydrostatic (other than lawnmowers) and the extra $1k price jump wasn't worth it for something we didn't have faith in at the time. It's not worth trading in just to upgrade now but if I could do it over I'd do different.

All in all I think the CK3510 is a great modern "replacement" to the 8N (or in our case a partner) and I think you'll be happy with it even with the break issue.

Dad & I on the tractors side by side
FB_IMG_1491996419852.jpg

Me on the CK, My son & his girlfriend on the 8N, and Pops on the 4 Wheeler making sure we do it right. :D
FB_IMG_1520225896524.jpg

Last edited:
   / CK3510/4010 #9  
The CK4010 was my first machine.
Must say it will do everything you task it to do within its limits and want to keep on going.Presently there are a lot of promos.
If you have Ag Exemption the taxes saved will be enough to buy implements as well.
Test drive one and see if its a good fit for you and well shopping is fun the only down side is there is no 'new car smell' ...:D
Oh wait there is! If you keep it overnight in a enclosed shop the new rubber smell will fill the air...yeah...:cool2:

Good luck and enjoy your new soon to be machine....