72" Box Blade on a CK2610HST

/ 72" Box Blade on a CK2610HST #1  

Wilco

Bronze Member
Tractor
CK2610 TLB
I have a line on a 72" Frontier BB. and I'm wondering if its to big for my tractor. Preferably I'd like a 60" BB but I haven't seen any available in my area for quite awhile. I'm running with R4s with a rear width of about 60".

Anyone have feedback on this set-up?

/ 72" Box Blade on a CK2610HST #2  
My tractor is the same size as yours basically. From everything I’ve read you wont be able to pull it if its full. I hope your rear tires have fluid in them too. Idk, probably fine if youre doing light work but 60” is where you should be.

/ 72" Box Blade on a CK2610HST #3  
I have a 72" with no tire fill. If it's actually full it won't move but I've never actually had any problems grading with it. In low range it will move some material.

/ 72" Box Blade on a CK2610HST
I'd be running the same set-up with the unfilled tires. I only need to do some light grading on an area about an acre in size. I'll probably pick it up, use it and sell it when a 5'r comes along.

/ 72" Box Blade on a CK2610HST #5  
I would buy it. I use a 60" on a B2650/R4/Loaded and on wet/soft ground (and not pulling up-hill) I can drop my teeth all the way and pull it full and not feel it is there until I catch a root or something... or if I am pulling full and drive into wet clay slop and spin out. But if the earth is willing to grab onto my tires at all, I can pull it full. I'm tempted to sell my Titan 60" and get a 72"!

/ 72" Box Blade on a CK2610HST #6  
I too am in favor of using your money to find out!

Report back. Mine handles a 60" like butter so...

/ 72" Box Blade on a CK2610HST #7  
My tractor is pretty much the same as yours and I use a 72 inch. It has always done what I’ve needed. It is pretty big for the tractor but it will pull it. I don’t have much trouble unless I hit a root or a real sloppy spot.
I feel the 60 inch might be a bit small. I think king cutter makes a 66 inch that would probably be about perfect.

/ 72" Box Blade on a CK2610HST #8  
I just picked up a United 66” for my 2610 yesterday. Will have to give it a go when the snow melts a little more. My 600’ of driveway is a mess of potholes. Only got the 2610 on Friday though so not sure what to expect. From all my research a 5.5’ should be just the ticket!

A941EB29-9150-4A72-A9FF-3F4466A18481.jpeg

Last edited:
   / 72" Box Blade on a CK2610HST #9  
I just picked up a United 66” for my 2610 yesterday. Will have to give it a go when the snow melts a little more. My 600’ of driveway is a mess of potholes. Only got the 2610 on Friday though so not sure what to expect. From all my research a 6.5’ should be just the ticket!
I find that for breaking into a packed and established driveway I need to add about 200 lbs to the box blade (me standing on it) to get the teeth to sink in quickly and break the gravel up.

/ 72" Box Blade on a CK2610HST #10  
I have a very heavy old Gannon 72" that I pull effectively with my CK25. It's a real digging beast. Heavier than most. But, you will have to take measured bites, depending on soil conditions. A 66" is probably a better fit. But if you are saving money, get the 72". I'm done with mine and plan to sell it come spring.