Kioti CK20 RWD slipping under load

/ Kioti CK20 RWD slipping under load #21  
Please let us know what you find when you tear it down. I might have the same problem someday. So far my little CK20 has had few problems that I have not caused.

RSKY

Before you disassemble anything, you can check the actual differential. Lock the brake on the bad wheel and see if you can still drive the good wheel (in low gear and with differential lock disengaged). With luck, the problem will be splines on the final drive shaft, which is easier to fix than most other possible causes.

/ Kioti CK20 RWD slipping under load
Ok Everybody, I believe I found the problem. I originally posted this question in another area, before I figured out how this forum works (still trying to figure it out) and just found some replies to that post and I think that it is my problem. See "milkman" reply below and my reply to it. It's the beet juice!

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post in another thread.

"If it is the hydrostat, putting it in 4wd wouldn't make it pull, it needs the hydrostat to move whether it's using the rear wheels or all four. I have beet juice in my rear tires and if the air gets really low, the wheel will slip inside one of the rear tires and won't pull, use 4wd till I get to an air hose."

When I first read milkman's response I laughed, because that seemed like an unlikely occurrence, but I immediately had a memory that the "bad" side had beet juice leaking from around the rim when my problem was occurring. I did not think they coincided, but I did pump the tire up to the correct pressure and I have since not had the problem with that right wheel not driving; Even still I did not think to connect the two as the same problem, but I believe that it was the leaking beet juice all along. Thanks for your help!

/ Kioti CK20 RWD slipping under load #23  
That was about the cheapest repair you could ever hope for :drink:

/ Kioti CK20 RWD slipping under load #24  
Wow, now that's an easy fix. I've never used beet juice and didn't know that would happen. It's always good to learn something and thanks for advising.

/ Kioti CK20 RWD slipping under load #25  
That is great news! Perhaps beet juice would make a great penetrating oil:laughing:

/ Kioti CK20 RWD slipping under load #26  
That is great news! Perhaps beet juice would make a great penetrating oil:laughing:

I was talking with a dealer about loading the tires with "beet juice". He said the stuff is so slippery, they have to install valve stems that are bolted down on the back side. Its lubricity will shoot out the standard rubber valve stems.

/ Kioti CK20 RWD slipping under load #27  
Yesterday I had the very same symptoms and thought it was the transmission until I read this thread last night. Today I checked the rims and sure enough the right rear rim was spinning in the tire. Inflation of the tires at the low end of the scale combined with trying to drag a stump in two wheel drive caused the right tire to slip on the rim. I tiny bit of beet juice then lubricated where the tire meets the rim so the rims spins even easier.