CK2610 HST Sluggish/dying when cold

/ CK2610 HST Sluggish/dying when cold #1  

pdxkurt

Tractor
Kioti CK2610 HST
Hey guys, I'm a new owner of a CK2610 HST and am getting used to its personality. The two things that I've noticed about it that "bother" me are

1) When I first start the tractor for the day and raise the RPMs to my normal operating levels of around 2k and engage the HST moving forward (slightly uphill) the tractor wants to die. If I release the pedal and ease into it again it will be a bit better, and then it will soon thereafter "warm up" and not behave in this way any longer. I have a FEL and either a backhoe or bush hog attached at all times. Is this a normal thing you guys experience?

2) I've seen this one mentioned and I'm not sure if I'm having a real problem or not, but I will notice that my HST pedals are slow to return to center, especially if I'm running with the pedal fully depressed, when I let off it will continue forward for a bit and slowly return to center and stop. I've seen others mention this and say the dealer replaced their HST. I called my dealer to ask about this and he said it was normal due to the amount of hydraulic fluid flowing through the system. Is this normal to an extent and other owners are experiencing a more serious behavior, or is this a legit concern I have?

Thanks!

/ CK2610 HST Sluggish/dying when cold #2  
What Range are you starting out in?

How cold is cold there?

/ CK2610 HST Sluggish/dying when cold
I'm in medium range. Lately it has been between 32 to 50 when starting out.

/ CK2610 HST Sluggish/dying when cold #4  
It's going to take a while for the oil to warm up closer to freezing the longer it takes.

/ CK2610 HST Sluggish/dying when cold #5  
I have no problems with my pedals returning or any power lose. Even in temps down to 10 degrees. I do let things warm up and often engage the pto to help get things moving. Have you checked your hydro fluid level? I changed both filters and hydro fluid at the 50 hour service. I used Chevron 1000 THF. Noticed an improvement in in lower temps. I understand this chevron fluid has been around a long time and seems to be very popular in my local. We get some pretty cold winters here. So far so good. BTW I'm in Med. range when starting out.

/ CK2610 HST Sluggish/dying when cold #6  
It would be interesting to know what oil they used at the dealer you purchased the tractor from. I've run into a dealer that was using an oil not even on the kioti list (see below), but because it was cheap they went for it.

Kioti oil list.jpg

* So it may be a possibility that the oil in your transmission is not correct for your application.
* Do you have any remotes that may be accidentally engaged? I know the DKse series tractor remotes can be easily bumped on, and deadheading without the operator knowing, causing sluggishness.

/ CK2610 HST Sluggish/dying when cold #7  
It would be interesting to know what oil they used at the dealer you purchased the tractor from. I've run into a dealer that was using an oil not even on the kioti list (see below), but because it was cheap they went for it.

View attachment 544838

* So it may be a possibility that the oil in your transmission is not correct for your application.
* Do you have any remotes that may be accidentally engaged? I know the DKse series tractor remotes can be easily bumped on, and deadheading without the operator knowing, causing sluggishness.

That is scary. Would me make me wonder what else they choose to ignore.

/ CK2610 HST Sluggish/dying when cold #8  
It almost sounds like the system might be starved? blocked filter(s)? Shouldn't be having issues at the temps mentioned by the OP at 32-50 degrees. Used my Tractor several times this week with only a several minute warm up in temps in the mid 20's?

/ CK2610 HST Sluggish/dying when cold #9  
That is scary. Would me make me wonder what else they choose to ignore.

That dealer is no longer in business, for this reason and others. But I thought I should mention it. I personally use Traveller Premium Universal Trans/Hydraulic Fluid, made by Warren. Its not on the list, but most Oils rated for transmissions, final drives, wet brakes and clutches, and hydraulics that are supplied from a common fluid reservoir will work just fine, so long as they meet regs and specs for your tractor.

also, X2 on checking oil level and filter

/ CK2610 HST Sluggish/dying when cold #10  
Yea... thats not what I would call extremely cold operating temperatures. And I have no such issues at those temperatures and at that range setting. So something is amiss.