FEL bucket not staying up

/ FEL bucket not staying up #1  

747driver

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27 HST
My CK27 KL 130 loader bucket will not stay up...free falls down. The loader ( lift ) itself works fine. The bucket will work but I have to hold joystick in the curl position to prevent it from dumping. I was looking at the parts diagram and it shows 2 seal kits. Do I get both kits for each cylinder to do the rebuild ? I am just going to rebuild both bucket cylinders.

CK08-0100-P Seal Kit, head(No 6~11) $46.83

CK08-0200-P Seal Kit, Piston(No 13~17) $59.10 Michigan Iron and Equipment

Thanks

/ FEL bucket not staying up #2  
looks like it $106 each cylinder:(

/ FEL bucket not staying up #3  
Unless you see hydro fluid leaking out, I think you are on the wrong track.
The problem is more likely the loader control (joystick) hydraulic valve or even more likely the control cables or pivot assembly that connect the joystick to the control valves.
The first thing I'd do is look under the rubber boot at the base of the joystick to be sure nothing is broken or disconnected there.
Some of these came with plastic parts and there is a metal upgrade kit. This should show the type of mechanism you'll find at the base of the joystick:
Kioti ck 2 Updated joystick selector assembly - YouTube

Last edited:
   / FEL bucket not staying up
The problem is more likely the loader control (joystick) hydraulic valve or even more likely the control cables or pivot assembly that connect the joystick to the control valves.
The first thing I'd do is look under the rubber boot at the base of the joystick to be sure nothing is broken or disconnected there.
Some of these came with plastic parts and there is a metal upgrade kit. This should show the type of mechanism you'll find at the base of the joystick:

Thanks for the tip ! I will look at the joy stick tomorrow. I can curl and dump, its just that the bucket will not stay where you had it when the joy stick goes to netural. It just falls forward and dumps the load. Couldn't you have a internal seal leakage without it leaking external ?

/ FEL bucket not staying up #5  
Yes the piston seals can fail with no external leakage. Is your loader like most where the cylinders extend to dump? If yes then bad piston seals can cause this problem. It could also be just one cylinder but I would probably rebuild them bo
Simple test for a leaking cylinder is to fully curl and hold the joystick to try and keep for for minute or two if seals are bad the return line from the cap end of the cylinder will get hotter than the rod end

/ FEL bucket not staying up #6  

It's impossible for a cylinder to retract without loosing fluid either out the end or back through the valve. If I understand the post right the bucket is dumping which would be possible without loosing fluid out the cylinder. If he's able to hold the valve open without hitting the relief pressure I'd guess the cylinder seals are shot.

/ FEL bucket not staying up #7  
Also check if one of those ball ends (at the cable end) is lose and unscrewed some.

/ FEL bucket not staying up #8  
I think they make a little blue pill you put into the common hyd sump now for that condition.

/ FEL bucket not staying up #9  
It's impossible for a cylinder to retract without loosing fluid either out the end or back through the valve. If I understand the post right the bucket is dumping which would be possible without loosing fluid out the cylinder. If he's able to hold the valve open without hitting the relief pressure I'd guess the cylinder seals are shot.

This is not really accurate. If the piston seal is bad, it will leak by internally, from one side of the piston to the other. No fluid lost or sent back to the tank. You could plug your cylinders hoses and see if it still leaks down. If it does, its your piston seals. If not, you've narrowed it down.

(edit: ^^^for anyone reading in the future, I am an idiot, and incorrect here.)

Last edited:
   / FEL bucket not staying up #10  
This is not really accurate. If the piston seal is bad, it will leak by internally, from one side of the piston to the other. No fluid lost or sent back to the tank. You could plug your cylinders hoses and see if it still leaks down. If it does, its your piston seals. If not, you've narrowed it down.

There was a big debate about that a while back and I used to be of the same belief as you. It’s impossible for the rod to move back into the cylinders without loosing oil somewhere. If the rod is pulling out of the cylinder loosing oil is a possibility but it could also be bypassing the rod seals.