Kioti 3054XS Steering Adjustment

/ Kioti 3054XS Steering Adjustment #1  

rtimgray

Veteran Member
I was bushhogging with my (new to me) 3054XS last night and was wondering if it is possible to tighten my steering radius? There appears to be adjustable bolts with jam nuts on the hubs of each side of the front axle.

Has anyone done this before? I can't find a reference to this anywhere. I don't know what harm there would be in trying, but that's why I'm asking in case someone has done this before.

I appreciate any advice or help anyone can offer.

Thanks.

/ Kioti 3054XS Steering Adjustment #2  
OK....lift the frontaxle and rotate your axle up and down to reach the stops. Now turn the steering full left an right against those stops an see if u tautch any part of the tractor. If not readjust those stops more.

/ Kioti 3054XS Steering Adjustment #3  
I assume you have turned the steering to both extremes, and the adjustable bolts do limit how far the wheels can turn? It seems to me to be unwise to take a chance on having the steering cylinder(s) bottom out & end up being the 'stops'.

I do not have a 3045XS, so I cannot be sure that I am envisioning what you are describing accurately.

I checked my DK45, and it does not have any mechanical stops, it just turns until the cylinders bottom out (still seems like a bad idea to me...but I am not an engineer...I suppose they know what they are doing).

Still, I think I would not 're-engineer' the steering geometry, I don't think you could possibly get enough extra travel to be noticeable, and it might well end up putting something in real stress. I can't imagine a manufacturer deliberately (& artificially) limiting the turn radius, I've always found that to be a 'selling point' in most brochures.

The most effective "turn radius reducer" for every tractor I've ever owned, is just to 'romp down' on the inside brake! I have to admit that is less effective on my DK45,,,I think probably because of the bigger, wider front tires.

That is JUST my 2c worth.