check chain woes

/ check chain woes #1  

ratpie

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti 2610 HST
anyone else seeing issues with the check chain stabilizers on their kioti tractors, or is this a fluke?

it's not like i'm playing bumper cars with my brush cutter. i checked them after my last mowing and they were tight. so it just ripped right out of the nut. i'm gonna try and make the dealer replace it, cause i can't see how it was operator error. gonna try and mow today without it and not chew up my tires to much.

20180608_032548.jpg
20180608_032558.jpg

/ check chain woes #2  
The threads still look good. Do you have a picture of the nut?

These are horrible for keeping tight. They vibrate loose so easily. I actually hammer on the nut to tighten it, because it’s impossible to tighten it enough by hand.

/ check chain woes #3  
A few wraps of electrical tape crossing over the nut and adjacent threaded body does wonders. After you wrench tighten. Give a couple twists with tape roll before tearing off. Leaving a 1" tape flag for easy removal.

/ check chain woes #4  
Did you lose the nut? I agree with marchanna; the bolt threads still look good, except right at the end. It looks to me like the nut backed off to the last couple of threads, then tore off the end. Assuming you have the nut and its threads are OK, a few careful strokes with a small triangular file should let you get the nut back on...then just figure out how to keep it from loosening up in the future (tape? locktite? superglue?...).

/ check chain woes
nut's gone in the back pasture somewhere. gonna have to go find one at tsc tonight i guess i was thinking about drilling the bolts and running cotter key locks for them
there's about 3-4 threads that are toast. it's gonna be fun trying to get a nut back on it, but i'm gonna try.

/ check chain woes #6  
nut's gone in the back pasture somewhere. gonna have to go find one at tsc tonight i guess i was thinking about drilling the bolts and running cotter key locks for them
there's about 3-4 threads that are toast. it's gonna be fun trying to get a nut back on it, but i'm gonna try.

Be aware that it is most likely a Metric Thread and the suggestion about using the triangle file works pretty good at fixing partially messed up threads...

Rancho

/ check chain woes #7  
You might try a thread chaser of the correct size. They're good for salvaging damaged threads. Then if you have the room left after putting the nut on, try using a second nut to lock the first one on. I don't know if they make the nylon insert nuts that large, but they probably won't back off so easy.

/ check chain woes
Be aware that it is most likely a Metric Thread and the suggestion about using the triangle file works pretty good at fixing partially messed up threads...

Rancho
oh, i'm sure it's metric.. i did find out this spring that the injectors are 17mm but there's to much paint on them so you have to use a 3/4 to bleed them. bwahah