Oil & Fuel RX7320 Won't Re-start

/ RX7320 Won't Re-start #1  

OrangeAgain

Silver Member
Tractor
2015 Kioti RX7320PC, 1983 Kubota L275 4WD, 1981 John Deere 2440 2WD row crop tractor
I added about three gallons of diesel before I began discing today. All of a sudden, when crossing a slight slope, the low fuel beeping began. I shut the motor off, put more diesel in and now the tractor won't start. It won't even turn over. I've checked to make sure the shifting levers are in neutral and the emergency brake is on.

I am going to put more fuel in.

I'm thinking the fuel level sensor sensed low fuel because of the slight slope and started beeping.

Would it help if I bled the fuel line? If I bleed the line will the low fuel sensor know that and somehow let the tractor start?

Why might the tractor not start? How to start?

/ RX7320 Won't Re-start #2  
I added about three gallons of diesel before I began discing today. All of a sudden, when crossing a slight slope, the low fuel beeping began. I shut the motor off, put more diesel in and now the tractor won't start. It won't even turn over. I've checked to make sure the shifting levers are in neutral and the emergency brake is on.

I am going to put more fuel in.

I'm thinking the fuel level sensor sensed low fuel because of the slight slope and started beeping.

Would it help if I bled the fuel line? If I bleed the line will the low fuel sensor know that and somehow let the tractor start?

Why might the tractor not start? How to start?[/

What did the dealer say? when it comes to little things like that I would be calling my dealer and working out the problem right away. Why wait for forum replies When there’s work to be done

/ RX7320 Won't Re-start #3  
Shuttle lever in neutral, if it won’t turn over sounds more like a safety switch issue.

/ RX7320 Won't Re-start #4  
The fuel sender is in the tank, it won't be aware of whether their is air in the line so bleeding won't help a no crank/no start. I'd definitely add fuel, there may be a safety feature to not start below a certain point and the sender may not have picked up enough fuel to register the change. I suspect that when you turn the key you won't hear the fuel pump, which would also point to an electrical/safety interlock issue.
...you mentioned checking to be sure all the shift levers are in neutral, that is good, i'd recheck those by moving them out of neutral then back to neutral and then confirm the neutral light, along making sure PTO didn't become engaged. (I did that last one on my RX and it gave me the same no start/no crank). If all that checks out i'd reach out to your dealer for thoughts and start checking fuses along with the safety sensors (seat sensor, clutch engagement etc). I'd also take a look at the fuel filter to see if it's collected water - my truck has a sensor in the filter for water, not sure if our tractors do but worth a check.

/ RX7320 Won't Re-start #5  
PTO engaged is the main thing I can think of.

/ RX7320 Won't Re-start #6  
I have found if I am shredding the ditch in front of the ranch I need to have at least a third of a tank or the alarm goes off. Level ground - no problem. Slope where the tractor is tilting to the right side the alarm will go off and is rather startling. As long as it did not die from lack of fuel you should not have to bleed it, I suspect you missed a safety switch like the pto, seat, brake set, direction switch in neutral. Also check to make sure that your battery did not shift around on the slope and pull a connector off.

/ RX7320 Won't Re-start #7  
The easiest way to check is>> while holding the key on, in the cranking position, wiggle your levers.. you just might find it wasn't in neutral, pto still engaged.. that type of thing..
Also, wiggle your butt around in the seat.. safety switches in the seats are BAD about going bad.. loosing connection.
Good luck.

/ RX7320 Won't Re-start #8  
The easiest way to check is>> while holding the key on, in the cranking position, wiggle your levers.. you just might find it wasn't in neutral, pto still engaged.. that type of thing..
Also, wiggle your butt around in the seat.. safety switches in the seats are BAD about going bad.. loosing connection.
Good luck.

That's the truth! I'm not huge - about 180 - and to adjust the suspension seat to where it won't bottom out on a good bump means just slightly moving my butt let's the seat sensor think nobody is home. Like just shifting weight to set parking brake is enough that if I'm not quick about it, the tractor cuts off.

Are all newer tractors this way? My little LS sure wasn't. Had to be in N to start and butt had to be in seat, but otherwise it wasn't quite as annoying with continually needing to set parking brake... One minor gripe with my Kioti... I do lots of stuff where I'm needing to hop on/off the machine frequently or stand up to see forks. Put in N, set brake, get back on, wiggle stick around to get it to find M again, brake off, repeat.

The auto PTO gets me too. Since the implement is up and PTO not running, you forget the PTO switch is actually engaged and can't restart.

/ RX7320 Won't Re-start
Mystery solved. The PTO was engaged when the tractor stopped. When I dis-engaged it, the tractor started. Thanks for all the advice.

/ RX7320 Won't Re-start #10  
Nice when "oh crap!" turns out to be super simple :)