Fuel gage

/ Fuel gage #1  

Aircomps

Tractor
Kioti ck20s
I have a CK20s that has developed a fuel gage problem. Until recently it was working fine. Now it reads full all the time even when the power is turned off. Can someone give me some help and ideas before I start tearing things apart. Thanks

/ Fuel gage #2  
Welcome to TBN -

I do not have specific information on your tractor you will need to buy a service manual or maybe someone on this forum has the information. Most fuel gauge needles are deflected based on the resistance of the fuel sensor. Typically "Empty" is zero impedance and "Full" is more impedance, let's say 50-ohms for discussion. Before you tear anything apart you gauge may simple be mechanically stuck in the "Full" position. with a plastic screw-driver handle lightly tap the edge of the gauge and see if the needle falls, we are assuming of coarse your tank is not actually full. If that does not work the next simplest thing is to just make sure the gauge is still attached to the wiring harness, if it has become disconnected the fuel gauge would see that as an open circuit, max impedance and simple show full all the time. Anything beyond this you are going to need a wiring chart, service manual and a good multi-meter.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
   / Fuel gage #3  
I do not know about a gauge stuck on full, but my gauge was once stuck on empty, i.e., not working at all. I discovered a mouse or close relative to a mouse had chewed through one of the wires. I patched that and it worked fine. But because your gauge reads full even with no power, I think the advice about tapping it is a way to start - always look to the simplest solution first.

/ Fuel gage #4  
I had issues with my 08 CK30 HST fuel gauge. It was fairly easy to remove and test with an ohm meter. Mine was reading low all the time, it was $80 to buy a replacement. IMG_1554.JPG

/ Fuel gage #5  
I had a problem with my gauge (ck3510). The tank screen got pushed down slightly and the float got hung up on it.

/ Fuel gage
I had issues with my 08 CK30 HST fuel gauge. It was fairly easy to remove and test with an ohm meter. Mine was reading low all the time, it was $80 to buy a replacement.View attachment 558592

Tell me how you removed the meter. It looks like it would be more difficult than you allude to.

/ Fuel gage #7  
Here is what I have on the removal of the Tank sending unit.

Fuel sender info.png

Rancho

/ Fuel gage #8  
My fuel level sending unit is under the hood, larger tractor & bigger tank but looks the same as the one pictured by Ranchofla. Just unplug, remove the small nuts and pull it out, not that allusive. It takes a bit of fanangleing to get it out but not impossible. I found that with moving mine up and down from full to empty it was hit and miss if the ohm meter gave a bad reading.

/ Fuel gage #9  
I have a CK20s that has developed a fuel gage problem. Until recently it was working fine. Now it reads full all the time even when the power is turned off. Can someone give me some help and ideas before I start tearing things apart. Thanks

2 posts , and disappeared, pity, mines done exactly the same thing and was wondering on the fix?

/ Fuel gage #10  
2 posts , and disappeared, pity, mines done exactly the same thing and was wondering on the fix?

If you click on the picture in my post it has steps on how to test the unit if you remove it from the tank.

Rancho
CK20 HST