Super UDT2 in a Kioti

/ Super UDT2 in a Kioti #1  

iflywhatevr

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510 SE
Any Kioti owners running Kubota Super UDT2 in their CK Series HST’s? Getting ready to change mine my local dealer services with Mahindra fluid they say is a good quality fluid (they are a Kioti and Mahindra dealer). But I’m not really sold on the Mahindra fluid which is not specified in the manual either for Kioti as far as I know. From what have read the UDT2 does very well in the Kubota HST tractors to quiet down the HST whine.

/ Super UDT2 in a Kioti #2  
For what it's worth, I've about decided to use SUDT2 in my Branson. Expensive though. Local Kubota dealer wants slightly more than $100 for 5 gallons. Anyone got a better deal on it?

/ Super UDT2 in a Kioti
For what it's worth, I've about decided to use SUDT2 in my Branson. Expensive though. Local Kubota dealer wants slightly more than $100 for 5 gallons. Anyone got a better deal on it?

It’s 103.57 here for 5 gal. Can’t find it anywhere cheaper other than online which ends up being more expensive with shipping.

/ Super UDT2 in a Kioti #4  
Kioti isn't going to specify another manufacturers proprietary brand. Kioti does make there own brand of HST fluid.
I have a couple of 5 gallon containers of it in case I ever change the entire 11 gallons at once. So far no need, I only change the filters, by recommendation of my dealer, in over 1,500 hours on my two Kioti's since 2009.
I find the change the entire HST fluid thing over rated and largely unnecessary, so long as one does not allow contaminants into the system, there should be no reason to have to change it out. The filters are micronic, and the system is sealed. As long as one is using their own attachments, keeps their QA, QDs capped and plugged and stores the machine where rain/snow or other water cannot enter the hydraulics, one should be able to maintain system integrity without a lot of effort. If fluid becomes contaminated or milky- a sign of water contamination, then change it out. All I've ever done over the last 9 years is top off the factory fluid with UTF and wet brake additives, from TSC - as long as it meets or exceeds the specs. that the tractor Mfg. calls for.

/ Super UDT2 in a Kioti #5  
KOUA mentioned recently that he has used SUDT2 in his Kioti tractor for a few years and it is all he will use/recommend. I'll try to find the thread.

Not the thread I remember seeing, but here is one: SUDT2 in Kioti

Last edited:
   / Super UDT2 in a Kioti #6  
I am very frustrated with the cold weather behavior of my DK40 SE HST. I ran some viscosity tests comparing; what Kioti shipped in my tractor, the top of the line fluid from TSC and the Kubota SUDT2. The TSC fluid was the thickest, the SUDT2 was the thinnest and the Kioti fluid was between them, but closer to the TSC fluid than the SUDT2. I am going to cough up the $$$ before fall and replace my HST fluid with the SUDT2. My dealer told me he doesn't believe in spending the money for synthetic fluids, he said I could use any fluid that met Kioti's specs. With one exception, don't use any hydraulic fluid from TSC! He was very adamant about that, he said the only HST issues he has seen has been when somebody had used the TSC fluid.

/ Super UDT2 in a Kioti #7  
I am using SUDT2 in my DK35se. I immediately noticed less noise from the power steering in cold weather. And better cold weather performance overall. I was using the Kioti reccomended Mobilefluid 424.

/ Super UDT2 in a Kioti #8  
Doing my 50 hr service within next couple weeks and will change to SUDT-2 like i did in last machine. I'd like to quantify somehow if better/worse/same going to SUDT-2 vs whatever is in there now (Chevron something I think is what my dealer said he uses). I notice no poor performance or HST whine now.

So how can I measure? I was thinking of setting camera on a tripod, driving past at engine idle, full HST pedal. Then repeating at high engine RPM. Then with empty bucket, measure time to go from ground fully curled, raise to full height, uncurl, recurl, lower. Do both those before and after the fluid swap to see if there is any difference I can observe.

What else could I do to "test" if one actually performed better than the other? Several months away for any cold weather behavior comparisons and I haven't had this machine with original fluid in cold weather. Other things that might show a difference? Pulling a hill in H, lifting a test load that maxes loader (something I can get off ground, but go into relief a couple feet up). That's all I can think of. But if there is something I can do that's easily repeatable and would demonstrate if there is any real world performance difference in one fluid vs the other, give me some ideas and I'll do it - assuming it is within my technical proficiency (low) and tools on hand (basic).

When I did my LS, I didn't notice anything much from OEM fluid to SUDT-2 swap. Seemed to drive and lift the same. I did notice less HST whine. Not night/day difference, but enough I could easily tell it was less after swapping to SUDT-2.

/ Super UDT2 in a Kioti #9  
These test are very subjective and hard to prove. I didn't have much whine to begin with. But the power steering made some noise when it was cold until the fluid got warmed up. The SUDT2 fixed that. So better cold weather performance. I think that all the premium fluids are going to be pretty close. Some will notice reduced performance with the "bargain bin" fluids. But proving how one premium fluid performs against another premium fluid is gonna be hard.

/ Super UDT2 in a Kioti #10  
I've used the factory supplied HST fluid in both my 2008 DK-35SE/HST, and my 2010 DK-40 SE/HST for a combined 1,500+ hours, topping off the 2010 with either TSC HST fluid OR Kioti's own HST fluid- no problems whatsoever in either tractor/power steering, cold or hot weather, or any usage parameters.
YMMV, but I think it also has to do with factors like storage. (My tractor(s) have been kept in a temp controlled, never below 50 degrees F barn bay, for comparison purposes).