CK2610 and Box Blade

/ CK2610 and Box Blade #1  

tiogajoe

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610hst
What size BB are you guys using on your 2610's? I can get an LMC in my area and was looking at a 5 footer. They seem to be very heavy for the money??

/ CK2610 and Box Blade #2  
Really depends how you are going to use it. You will probably find yourself running out of traction with a 5'. But if all you're doing is scraping a driveway or something you will appreciate the extra width. Tire type and application also factors. If you want to drop the teeth an really rip up some ground, go 4'. You will anchor your machine pretty quick otherwise (or just drop fewer teeth).

Pretty common attachment so if you can borrow a friend's, fill it with dirt or gravel and see if you can keep going. I think you'd be fine with 4wd, ag or ind tires, and a full box of loose gravel. I think same scenario with teeth down past first hole, you'd be anchored in place.

/ CK2610 and Box Blade #3  
We are running a 5' on our CK35 - it just barely covers the rear wheel tracks (We run Ag tires set to widest width).

I might have held out for a 6' but we found a heck of a deal on a used one.

/ CK2610 and Box Blade #4  
Typically pretty safe to go the width of the loader bucket. I like 4"-6" wider myself. ;)

/ CK2610 and Box Blade
Really depends how you are going to use it. You will probably find yourself running out of traction with a 5'. But if all you're doing is scraping a driveway or something you will appreciate the extra width. Tire type and application also factors. If you want to drop the teeth an really rip up some ground, go 4'. You will anchor your machine pretty quick otherwise (or just drop fewer teeth).

Pretty common attachment so if you can borrow a friend's, fill it with dirt or gravel and see if you can keep going. I think you'd be fine with 4wd, ag or ind tires, and a full box of loose gravel. I think same scenario with teeth down past first hole, you'd be anchored in place.

I have ag tires that are loaded. Plan on mostly gravel work and smoothing out areas that are rutted up from having our property logged of Ash trees that are going to die off. (emerald ash bore beetles)

/ CK2610 and Box Blade #6  
I run a 5 footer on my ck2610 no problems

/ CK2610 and Box Blade #7  
I'm running a 5 footer with R4 tires on my CK2610. Works great and just covers the tires.

/ CK2610 and Box Blade #8  
I use a 6 foot very heavy old Gannon BB behind my CK25. Works great, but can stop tractor if taking too big a bite. I like wider than the wheels. You can always take a smaller bite with a wider blade. Weight seems to be everything with these things. I know a couple of guys who have lighter BBs and they complain it doesn't cut that good. This heavy beast I have has no problem cutting, even through shale. Not sure what it weights but guessing well over 700 lbs. One thing that really helps is a hydraulic top link. Let's you adjust from cutting dirt to carrying dirt on-the-fly.

/ CK2610 and Box Blade
Found a used Bush Hog SBX600 for $500. Picked it up this afternoon. Thing weighs 490lbs. I believe it is quick hitch ready as the newer SBX60's?? I'll find out tomorrow when I get it of my truck.

/ CK2610 and Box Blade #10  
I have a 66” I use on my 2610. Works great on my gravel drive and also in the dirt.