Backhoe Relief Valve Setting Adjustment for Backhoe

/ Relief Valve Setting Adjustment for Backhoe #1  

country350

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35
I just got a Kioti KB2375 backhoe for my DK35. I noticed that it's not as powerfull as some of the other backhoes I've used. It seems like it's hitting the relief valve setting too soon. Is there a way to adjust this?

Thanks!

/ Relief Valve Setting Adjustment for Backhoe #2  
This is a good question, where is the people who know the answer?

/ Relief Valve Setting Adjustment for Backhoe #3  
Is your backhoe plumbed thru the remotes, if so you never hit the the full potential of your backhoe because you tractor has a relief valve setting much lower than your backhoe.
If you want a awesome performing backhoe than get a pto. pump kit, Then you will be using the max capability of your backhoe. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Relief Valve Setting Adjustment for Backhoe
Yes mine is plumbed directly into my remotes out back. I was hoping that there would be an edjustment for the remotes like there is for the front end loader.

/ Relief Valve Setting Adjustment for Backhoe #5  
The backhoe on my DK 35 is plumed into the hydraulic block (under the floor board on the right side).
The speed and power of my backhoe ( Rhino 85) has been very good.

/ Relief Valve Setting Adjustment for Backhoe
Should I have gone with the Rhino backhoe instead of the Kioti? I like the Kioti because it's a subframe mount type and seems to be built good.

/ Relief Valve Setting Adjustment for Backhoe #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Should I have gone with the Rhino backhoe instead of the Kioti? I like the Kioti because it's a subframe mount type and seems to be built good. )</font>
Someone will be sure to correct me if I'm wrong, but that probably wouldn't make any difference.
The Kioti Backhoes used to be made by Rhino, and there isn't a lot of difference in the operation of the hydraulics between the two.
The problem is that you are using the remotes to power your backhoe instead of tapping of the main valve block where your loader is connected.
Now, I'm not sure, but I believe you get a little more power from this arrangement than using the remote valves.
Now, I may not be correct because maybe the tractor relief will still kick in before the backhoe relief would, causing the same problem.
I'm sure of one thing, Wallace is right. If you get a separate hydro pump powered by the PTO, you'll get better performance because then your only limitation is the backhoe's pressure relief, not the tractor's.
I'm not sure if that remote is a detent valve, keeping the hydro pressure constant, but it should be. But it's possible the wrong type of remote was installed. Not likely, but possible.
We need some hydraulic expertise here, and I SURE can't lay claim to that! John

/ Relief Valve Setting Adjustment for Backhoe #8  
I'm not sure about the Kioti backhoe, but My Rhino backhoes main relief valve is set at 2150 PSI.
It is connected to the main valve block that powers my loader.
I have my loader pressure set at 2400 PSI from the same valve.
My point is that my backhoe relief valve kicks in long before my tractor relief does. So powering my backhoe from a PTO pump would make no differance in power ..

/ Relief Valve Setting Adjustment for Backhoe #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Should I have gone with the Rhino backhoe instead of the Kioti? I like the Kioti because it's a subframe mount type and seems to be built good. )</font>

I can't say because I have not used the newer Kioti backhoes.
I have a Rhino 85 (8 1/2' digging depth) on my DK 35 and it is subframe mounted.
I have used this backhoe a lot this past year and I'm real pleased with it so far.
Seems well built, controls works real nice, power and speed is very good.

/ Relief Valve Setting Adjustment for Backhoe #10  
Attached is a picture of how my backhoe is plumbed into the tractor.

Attachments

• 509621-plumming.JPG
    509621-plumming.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 944