Kioti 3054 is COOKED

/ Kioti 3054 is COOKED #1  

pogo1963

I went to use my 3054 Tuesday evening to spray, and when I walked up to it in the twilight it didn't look right, so I turned on my flashlight and what a shock, the dash, steering wheel, seat, were toast. I have a plant nursery and the crew had parked the tractor at 4:00pm and I used a different tractor to grade my driveway for 1 1/2 hours and when I parked that tractor within 20 ft. of the Kioti I didn't smell or notice anything wrong with the 3054, the plastic transmission cap even melted and poured inside. The key switch had become loose and I believe when it was parked that afternoon that the key was turned to far in the off position and the wiring shorted out, someone had suggested the glow plug coil on the dash, but I had never had the key stick in the preheat position. I am trying to order parts to fix it myself, I have posted a picture to show the damage, She will either be the PHOENIX or the MONEY PIT. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Attachments

• 506909-MVC-679E.JPG
    506909-MVC-679E.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 950
   / Kioti 3054 is COOKED #2  
Bummer! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I take it that the tractor was out of warranty? How long had the key switch been loose? What do you think it will cost to do the repairs?

/ Kioti 3054 is COOKED #3  
Pogo, welcome to TBN. What a shame your first post had to have this theme. I'm glad you posted about it though so that maybe others will learn that fixing a problem sooner than later can lead to avoiding damages such as you have unfortunately experienced.
The only thing I can imagine from what you've said is that since the switch was loose, the wiring was being stripped by the movement every time the tractor was started and eventually shorted out.
Maybe you can determine where it actually started and how when you begin your repairs. I hope it doesn't take much to fix it. John

/ Kioti 3054 is COOKED
Hi, the 3054 is a 1999, I have'nt received the prices on the parts yet, but I'm sure its not going to be cheap.
It has been a great little tractor so its worth fixing, it was my own fault because I had noticed the loose switch, but just didn't take the time to fix it. Sooo, no sympathy for me, just wanted to give other owners the chance to fix theirs. If someone had warned me about the possibility of a Fire, I probably would not have given it much credit. Thanks for you input, and I did post a pic.
Gene

/ Kioti 3054 is COOKED
Thanks for the Welcome, when I have time I would like to post the problems and the fixes I've experienced. This has been a Great tractor and I would buy Kioti again.
Gene

/ Kioti 3054 is COOKED #6  
   / Kioti 3054 is COOKED
JIM , Thank You! the link does work, I don't know if the tractor is still avail. but I will try to contact the seller. I am so impressed with this site and its members. May God Bless You All!, I will follow up on any progress.

Gene

/ Kioti 3054 is COOKED #8  
Pogo, I sent you a private message. In order to read it, click on My Home at the top, and then on received private messages. John

/ Kioti 3054 is COOKED #9  
Since one of the replies said the link was an email and didn't work, wouldn't it be just as easy to use the phone number ?

Funderburk, Mickey and Kandace
2150 Bob Ormond Rd
LANCASTER, SC 29720
803-285-2783

/ Kioti 3054 is COOKED #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( JIM , Thank You! the link does work )</font>