Front Loader

/ Front Loader #1  

cptdave

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK-20,Wheelhorse 4-14-8
After moving snow this week I realized how painfully slow the front loader dumps. It curls at an acceptable speed though.
Even this summer it was too slow for me. Any after market fixes or do you think Kioti will step up to the plate?
When asked about my CK-20 I say I like it, but I wish,etc......!
Dave

/ Front Loader #2  
The only reason for the slowness of the loader on your CK20 is the flow rate of the fluid. There's probably nothing at all wrong with the loader, it's just the amount of flow which is only 7.66 gals/min.
If you run your RPM up higher, you'll get a little faster response, but it's never going to be lightning speed. You'd need a lot more flow for that, and usually don't find a lot more on tractors of this size. I sometimes wish for more speed also, but I knew what it would do before I bought it. Happy New Year, John

/ Front Loader #3  
As KiotiJohn can recall, I addressed this issue; "two speed dump rate" on my CK20 in a previous post and it seems to be the "norm" with these and no adjustment will change it. I've "toyed" with the idea of swapping in the valve from a CK25 or 30 to increase the dump speed but when I asked my dealer about this he said it wouldn't work because of the flow rate even though they look, mount and even hook up the same! If I ever get the courage (and money) to try this, I'll let you know.

/ Front Loader #4  
The CK 20,25 and 30 valves are identical. Save your money. Run the tractor at a higher engine speed, that is the only solution and don't push it all the way over stop at the first detent.

KO

/ Front Loader #5  
Is there a way to add another hydraulic pump that can be dedicated for the loader to the Kioti? Many older tractors had pumps that were mounted to the front of the engine, with a coupling.

/ Front Loader #6  
The CK 25/30 valve is not the same as the CK20's as you can see by a side-by-side comparision and the 25/30's have a deffinet 2-speed "detent" position in the dump position where as the 20 is "suppose" to have a 2-speed dump control as discribed in the CK20 owner's manual (page 9-5) /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Front Loader
Kjohn,the loader curls at almost twice the speed that it dumps.
Any thoughts? Dave

/ Front Loader #8  
Your not kidding, up here in Upstate NY it was 10 below zero and my dumping ability didnt exist. If the dump mode got any slower I would bungy cord it into postion and go have a cup of coffee while it dumps the snow. The 52 inch snowblower does the job. I might better take off the loader for winter, or just dont dump /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Front Loader #9  
Just out of curiousity does your loader dump/retract time meet the specs on the Kioti web site, dump takes 3 seconds and retract takes 2.9 seconds for KL120 where the KL130 is 2.7 and 2.4 seconds respectively?

Steve

/ Front Loader #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Kjohn,the loader curls at almost twice the speed that it dumps. )</font>
I haven't really paid much attention to that on mine. I'll have to check it out and see what the difference is and get back to you. I do know that you have to let the hydraulic fluid warm up good before you start using the loader or you can do damage to the system. With the temps we have here, it's never a problem, but I know it gets really cold there. I suppose it's possible that your loader functions more slowly in extremely cold temps, but that's just a guess. John