Compression release...........

/ Compression release........... #1  

DirtHauler

Gold Member
Tractor
" '06" Kioti CK30 2015 Mahindra 2555 shuttle 2019 Massey 1760M
I don't know about other brands but it's nice to know that Kioti has included a compression release on their diesels although they didn't install an external pull knob on the dash, I'd be an easy install for those DIY's, it's nice to know it's there for those low battery/extrem cold start times. For those who don't know about it, I've attached a pic of it on my CK20.

Attachments

• 557346-PICT0057.JPG
    557346-PICT0057.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 442
   / Compression release........... #2  
Is this like on my Husqvarna chainsaw - releases the cylinders' pressure so it turns easier...?
Mark

/ Compression release........... #3  
Cool. I hadn't really notice it was there. Of course, I'll probably never need it here as it doesn't get that cold. 76 degrees F here today and expected to remain warm the next week!
Yes, Mark, it's pretty much the same thing as on our Huskys. John

/ Compression release........... #4  
They were even nicer on the LK3054, cause they even put a cable on it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I'll use it when it's really cold for two reasons. 1) It gets the oil up and flowing before any real load is put on it. and 2) I think it helps add a little "friction" warmth to the combustion chamber. Oh yeah... I do both these things with the fuel shut off.

/ Compression release........... #5  
I noticed that on mine just after I got it as well. The other thing I noticed is that this (to me anyway) looks like the identical engine that was in my B7200 Kubota that I got rid of six months ago. It is also the exact same displacement as well. Any thoughts? Comments?

Steve