Loader cylinder rod warranty repair

/ Loader cylinder rod warranty repair #1  

VictorW

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30HST
The dealer called Friday, two days after I told him about the rust pits on the loader cylinder rod. Loader is five days old. He said Kioti rep, told him to have it fixed locally instead of them sending a new cylinder. I'm supposed to have it back in a week. The rebuild shop is to disassemble, cut off the end sleeve and weld on a new chromed rod, and then reassemble. I hope the shop knows what they are doing. I'll find out in a week or so.

/ Loader cylinder rod warranty repair #2  
Not to worry, that is a everyday operation at any hydraulic shop.

/ Loader cylinder rod warranty repair #3  
I agree with Jerry. It's routine and they surely know how to it, like brushing teeth. Hope you get it back into ACTION soon. John

/ Loader cylinder rod warranty repair
My cylinder is back and remounted. I had dropped it off at the dealer on 04/09 and he delivered it back to me on 04/20. The dealer painted the end mount where the new rod was welded and touched up a few scratches from apparently the rebuild. The new rod looks great. Not a mark on it. The dealer said that I wouldn't have to fill the cylinder. It would purge itself of air over time but I filled it anyway. That's a lot of air to work all the way through the lines. Installed the cylinder and hooked her up. It works perfect. Thanks to everyone who replied and relieved my concern about having the new rod installed.

It took me a while to put it all back together while hopping on one leg. I ended up breaking my foot two weeks ago but that didn't keep me from getting the FEL back together. The wife thinks I'm crazy. I'm glad I got the HST on my CK30. After start-up, no left foot needed. Besides, it's new and I can't stay off it. Having to much fun. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif