Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30, Cub Cadet LT 1050 lawn Tractor, Huskee GT Garden Tractor

Default "First" stupid thing I have done with my CK30

Yesterday, while doing some box blading, I opened up my fuel cap to see if I could see any fuel (the actual indicator does not seem to work always, is this a common problem?) and it looked almost bare dry so I went to fill it up. I have two five gallon cans that I fill almost to the top, probably about 4 3/4 gallons. Now knowing that the tank is supposed to be 7.9 gallons and it looked just about bare dry to me, I figure I can safely go 1 1/2 cans or almost 7.5 gallons. Well just starting into the second can and not paying all that much attention yet, I hear splashing on the ground. Diesel everywhere [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Closed the cap tightly, stuck a hose on top and let it rinse for a few munites and put it back in the barn. As angry as I was, i would have just done more damage if I continued to work, not to mention the smell was enough to want me to put it in my neighbors barn!

Default Re: "First" stupid thing I have done with my CK30

Well, if that's the stupidest thing you've done, you're way ahead of most of us! I've done that a few times simply because I use a Mr. Filter, and it sits in the hole and I fill until I "think" I'm near the top. Sometimes just a little overfilled, but I LIKE the smell of diesel.

The fuel gauges tend not to move a lot until the tank is pretty low. I've noticed that on mine anyway, but it's usually about right by the time it's nearly empty. John

Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

I bet there are a whole lot of us that have done that trick. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I don't think it will hurt anything, and like John, I fortunately like the smell of diesel.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20HST

I hear that all the time. I'm surprised so many people so strongly dislike diesel.

I don't particularly mind liquid diesel (as in splashed out on clothes or on the ground), and actually love the smell of a diesel engine running.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5030 HSTC, MF 5455

Almost everytime I fill a tractor from the big tank I overfill. I'm back at the pump working away trying to listen for the sloshing and go over and peer in every so often. All of a sudden it overflows! Like every time!
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK-45

Haven't done that yet, but am sure that I will. In the short time that I have owned my DK45, I have found that when the fuel guage reads just a little below a half, that the tank will hold 5 gals with a little room to spare.

Tractor
    KIOTI CK20 GEAR.

Maybe your name should be Noodlehead instead [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Just kidding.

We've all, "been there, done that" at one time or another. Glad I like the smell of diesel! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

The first time I filled my CK30, I thought what a bad place for a fill. Especially with the FEL arms. I wish the tank was semi-clear like the antifreeze bottle. My gauge doesn't read very well either as it goes down from full. It has a 7.9 gallon tank like yours. When my gauge reads 1/4, I can barely see fuel, and I can only put in a full five gallons. Brings it just short of coming out the filler neck. I still have to watch the last few cups to make sure I don't give it a diesel bath. It's hard to see the fuel when it's low. The tank is wide at the top and then very thin as it goes down. I guess they wanted to give us the biggest tank using all the space possible. Putting in five gallons at a time may negate the 7.9 tank but you don't want to run it dry. Having to prime will make you even more mad.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The tank is wide at the top and then very thin as it goes down. I guess they wanted to give us the biggest tank using all the space possible. Putting in five gallons at a time may negate the 7.9 tank but you don't want to run it dry. Having to prime will make you even more mad. )</font>
    If you run out, it's pretty simple to fix it afterward. All you'd do is add some fuel to the tank, hold the kill rod out and turn the engine over a few times. Once it starts, run it for about 30 seconds and shut off. Go to the fuel cock and beside it are a couple of screws that you'd loosen to let air out. Restart the tractor and let it idle. Open the screws again just a little until you hear air come out and retighten. Do them one at a time. It's not always necessary to open both. But this should purge the air.
    Now, I'm not sure because I don't have one here, but I think the procedure is the same on the CK30 as it is on my CK20.
    John

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

Thanks KiotiJohn. I'm sure most of us could use this info. I'm going to look mine over for what you described. I thought there was a little more to it and didn't know where to bleed the air out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast