On the "second" stupid thing

/ On the "second" stupid thing #1  

Noodlearm

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30, Cub Cadet LT 1050 lawn Tractor, Huskee GT Garden Tractor
On the \"second\" stupid thing

Well, after my fuel debacle, which I now feel better about seeing as this is a common problem, I went out to work on clearing some field area to prepare for planting trees and promptly sunk the tractor so that the front axle is laying on the ground. I have used the loader to prop it up for now, with the use of six cynder blocks. I have gotten stuck before but was always able to wiggle my way out with the loader. Couldn't do it this time as the ground was apparently so wet that the loader just cant grip anything either. hopefully I will be out tonight with the help of a RAM 2500 pulling me. If not, I may have to do lots of hand digging or wait and hope the ground dries. Love the tractor, I just wish it had a more competent operator /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ On the "second" stupid thing #2  
Re: On the \"second\" stupid thing

See what fun you're having. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I've done something like that before. Probably most of us have. I just did it with a borrowed BH/FEL machine. I was able to use the FEL to lift the front and the BH to lift the back and drag myself out. Don't get the RAM2500 to close if it's that soft. This may be a good excuse to buy a BH attachment. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Nothing like having fun in the mud. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ On the "second" stupid thing #3  

Happens to ALL of us at one time or another. Aren't tractors fun?

/ On the "second" stupid thing #4  

I'm sure you probably did this, but did you push down on the rear differential lock to lock the rear wheels together? If you turn the loader bucket down to where both top and bottom edges are on the ground, hit the RD pedal and rollback the loader, you may be able to get it to reverse. Sorry if you've already done it this way.
John

/ On the "second" stupid thing

Sorry all, I was gone for the weekend, I could not use the loader with the RD as the loader just couldnt get ahold of anything dry. I was able to pull it out without any problems with the truck though. Certainly doesnt have that new look on it anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ On the "second" stupid thing #6  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Certainly doesnt have that new look on it anymore.
)</font>
Oh, you mean it looks like a REAL tractor now? LOL
Glad you got it out okay. John

Thanks. Actually, it looked like a real tractor after about 2 days of owning. now, it looks like a moving blob of mud. Although that has actually started to dry. From one side, it was actually hard to tell that the tractor was orange. A little water and a rag have made the color discernable agina though /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ On the "second" stupid thing #8  

Depending on how deep you got, you may need to check the oil and hydro fluid to assure there is not water in them. If you see a milkiness in the oil, change out the fluid and filters. Also, there should be a drain for the clutch to let out any water that may have gotten in there.
John

/ On the "second" stupid thing #9  

<font color="blue"> Also, there should be a drain for the clutch to let out any water that may have gotten in there. </font>

John: Is that the bolt in the center underneath the platform?

I will make sure I check those things out when I get home. Thanks for the info!