Bucket hooks for DK55 FEL any suggestions?

/ Bucket hooks for DK55 FEL any suggestions? #1  

8Buzz8

Silver Member
Tractor
KIOTI DK55
I'm heading in to see the dealer tomorrow about this very issue & how to sort it with regard to positioning, size, style & construct.
I'll be taking delivery of the DK55 on Friday afternoon & I need to get this sorted before then.
How do the Eyelets go as opposed to hooks?
I'd like to get some feed back from anyone on this issue.
Oh yeh, in addition to this I've also seen on buckets, a centrally mounted tab which can be used for things like a tow ball.
Any feedback would be much appreciated re: guage, size, position ect.

Regards,
Buzz.

/ Bucket hooks for DK55 FEL any suggestions? #2  
Here's a link to a pic that notamustang posted of his bucket hooks which is about what I've seen most people do. I'd rather have hooks than eyelets because you can't always get everything through the hooks.
You can weld a piece of flat steel on for the tow ball mount. Here, most times you need a 1" hole to be able to mount the ball through. The hitches may come in a different size there, but make sure the post of the hitch ball is the size you put in the flat steel.
John bucket hooks

/ Bucket hooks for DK55 FEL any suggestions?
Thanks again John, once again you've come up with the goods!
Buzz.

/ Bucket hooks for DK55 FEL any suggestions? #4  
Buzz, just to add a bit. Usually if 3 hooks are mounted on the bucket, the two outside hooks are snatch/grab hooks, the center hook is typically a slip hook.

/ Bucket hooks for DK55 FEL any suggestions?
Hi Bob, thanks for pointing that out.
I can see that the collective wisdom available to us all on this forum from all the folks will stand me in good stead now & in the future with other hurdles, decisions & choices.

Regards, Buzz.

/ Bucket hooks for DK55 FEL any suggestions? #6  
<font color="blue"> hooks are snatch/grab hooks, the center hook is typically a slip hook.</font>

good point - this is the exact setup i have on my DK55.. have not had a problem, and i have truely abused those hooks!

had the dealer put mine on.. it's not difficult if you can weld, but i neglected to have my neighbor put mine on because i was concerned that his were always breaking off..

could have been the weld, but i'd prefer to blame his choice in blue tractors..

pf

/ Bucket hooks for DK55 FEL any suggestions? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( could have been the weld, but i'd prefer to blame his choice in blue tractors.)</font>
I think that's funny, but it could be even funnier because the buckets may be made by the same company! WHO knows in this day and age? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
John

/ Bucket hooks for DK55 FEL any suggestions? #8  
psuedo; On BLUE tractors, the grab hooks go in the center, and the slip hooks on the outside!!! He must have them mounted like most of you guys with fruit colored tractors, no wonder they keep breaking off!! LOL /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Bucket hooks for DK55 FEL any suggestions? #9  
hmmmmm.......are blueberries....considered fruit?
What about Smurfs?

J/K

KO

/ Bucket hooks for DK55 FEL any suggestions? #10  
Kiohio; Welllll, blueberries might be. But Smurf's are little people who just happen to wear blue alot!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif