What gear range do you run for bush hogging

/ What gear range do you run for bush hogging #1  

7mmrum

Silver Member
I'm curious to know what gear range do most of you run in for bush hogging? I own a CK25. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I've been running in 4th gear low range, seems to be ok, but I'm just cutting tall pasture grass on a rolling hill terrian.

Thanks,

7mmrum

Attachments

• 638590-6628719.jpg
    638590-6628719.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 403
   / What gear range do you run for bush hogging #2  
Sorry you didn't put your CK25 in that picture, it would make a great shot.
Sorry, I can't answer your question since you have the shuttle shift and I have HST. I do usually use low range though but on some long stretches of dry terrain, I can use the high range. Not really a comparison though. You can certainly use any range/speed that keeps the mower cutting without lugging down the engine. Just check the tachometer and if you see it pulling the RPM down much, go to a lower gear. The RPM should maintain pretty much with the occasional slight drop in heavier brush.
John

/ What gear range do you run for bush hogging
ok,, sounds good. It appears to only drop very little when going up an incline and it hits a patch of thick stuff.

/ What gear range do you run for bush hogging #4  
Sounds like you've picked a pretty good gear / range to be in then. You might want to see how it does going just a bit faster if you want, and go back to 4th if it pulls it down too much. I'm not sure how fast that is you're going in low 4th, I'll have to go out to my dealer's and try it.
I suppose you're having a ball with your CK25 though. Would I be correct? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
John

/ What gear range do you run for bush hogging
Oh yeah.. moving dirt piles, diggin fence posts, pulling stumps out, moving brush piles, dragging trees etc.. Get'n the place ship shape. Tractor is doing everything I'm asking it to do, and I'm not running out of power just traction some times. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7mmrum