Shattered Dreams & Bent Hopes!!!

/ Shattered Dreams & Bent Hopes!!! #1  

CampWags

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3010, Kubota KX 41-3 Excavator Upgraded to Kioti DK65S with cab and Farmi winh
In a two day period my DK65S went from my favorite toy to wishing I had my Kubota back. Tuesday, I was warming up the tractor and climbed in and closed the door only to have the glass shatter all over me. Talk about a wake up call. The whole door is glass and it exploded all over me. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
A quick call to Wallace Tractor and a new door is on it's way, even though "glass is not covered under warranty" Koiti is sending a new door due to style changes and the fact that I only have 22 hours on it!!! I think it has something to do with the torque on the bolts that hold the glass to the door frame. IMHO
Day two. Out doing light loader work enjoying the fresh air from NO DOOR, moving dirt from one place to another. Then, suddenly I notice this ORANGE piece of metal sticking out from the loader arm. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
One bolt had come lose from the Boom linkage assembly and the whole bucket linkage had bent and looked as though it would break off.
Now this is not my first tractor! I check all the fluids before starting the tractor, while it is warming up I go around and do a visible check of all the systems and check for loose bolts, nuts and what not. But ONE little nut and a fancy orange circle thingyyy! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Attachments

• 644464-Broken glass door edit1.jpg
    644464-Broken glass door edit1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 794
   / Shattered Dreams & Bent Hopes!!! #2  
My condolences--rough day to say the least! Glad you weren't hurt with all that glass flying around!

/ Shattered Dreams & Bent Hopes!!!
Now, I now people have dislikes for the self-leveling loader,
But let me be the first to say they are weak and do not deserve to be on this kind of tractor!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
We are talking about a 65 hp utility tractor that should be doing serious work!!! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I was only moving dirt and not using any heavy duty stuff. Is this supposed to be a REAL TRACTOR that can be used for professional work or am I going to have to give the IRS back MY money? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Attachments

• 644473-Bent loaderedit2.jpg
    644473-Bent loaderedit2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 698
   / Shattered Dreams & Bent Hopes!!! #4  
Gary I'm sorry to hear what happen, first time I hear about the glass door exploding like that, luckily you didn't end up with a piece of glass in your eye.. I did however reed many issues that as become a problem with loose bolts..Hopefully everything will be fix up quickly /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif...cag

/ Shattered Dreams & Bent Hopes!!! #5  
Just seen your second pics... Man I don't blame you to be so #$$^&*(@ off...cag

/ Shattered Dreams & Bent Hopes!!! #6  
i was moving trees with my grapple last weekend when i noticed a orange washer on the ground.

yup, one of my pins was about to fall out. i didn't bend anything and was lucky i had a 5/16 bolt or it would had been a 1hr round trip to a hardware store and the end of that days work. i now have spare pins, washers, o-rings and bolts with the tractor. if i were to guess i have less than 2 hrs on the loader and most of the bolts were loose.

this and a lack of roll back and no power to roll anything back once it's in the grapple makes me want a different loader.

iv'e had it with this loader on my 45!

/ Shattered Dreams & Bent Hopes!!! #7  
<font color="blue"> One bolt had come lose from the Boom linkage assembly and the whole bucket linkage had bent and looked as though it would break off. </font>

Wow. Sorry to hear of your troubles. It's amazing how much stress just a little bolt can take or how much it/they can put on something. These photos are a real eye opener and a learning lesson for those that usually don't check their tractors over. Hope your up and running soon.

/ Shattered Dreams & Bent Hopes!!! #8  
Wow!! Looks like it did a number on the linkage.

That little bolt screws into the loader pin, correct? I have never had problems with that.

I have to disagree with you about the self-leveling loader. I wouldn't have it any other way. I was moving trees last weekend with it. Had my finish mower on the rear and the loader was still trying to pick the rear of the tractor up. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Good luck on getting yours fixed. RedDog

/ Shattered Dreams & Bent Hopes!!! #9  
Gary, Post and let us all know if Kioti fixes everything under warranty on your new tractor. They should! That bolt should have not come out with as few hours as you have on your tractor. I understand that Kansas Machine Works (KMW) has got the boot and Kioti has started making loaders in Korea. My DK55C is to be picked up by the dealer on the 16 to fix the loader or replace it. The loaders are Kioti's weakness! Good luck!

/ Shattered Dreams & Bent Hopes!!! #10  
I just took delivery today of a DK45S. While looking at the loader I thought about what happened to you. Sure enough on the left side in the exact same place the bolt that holds the pin was broke and the pin had started to work its way out. Machine has 1 hour on it. So it is off to the hardware store tomorrow to get a bolt and nut. Wonder if all those bolts should have loctite on them? Probably would never have seen it until it was to late. Your post certainly saved me a tragic beginning to a new tractor experience. I hope you get yours repaired quickly.