Does the PTO on my new CK30HST need to be adjusted

/ Does the PTO on my new CK30HST need to be adjusted #1  

Spray25

Well I just got home a couple of hours ago with my new CK30. What an impressive machine!!!!

Unfortunately I fear I may have a small problem with the PTO. When the PTO is in disengaged via the PTO lever it still spins ever so slowly. I can also hear somw noise coming from the PTO like it is partially engaged. I can grab the PTO shaft and stop it (I know, be careful) but as soon as I let go is starts slowly spinning again. If I push in the clutch the PTO stops spinning and the faint noise goes away.

Does my PTO need adjusting? I have tried moving the lever around a little and it seems to make noe diferrence. Maybe this is normal?

If it is a reasonably easy adjustment I want to do it myself as my dealer is a 150 one way drive away.

One other unfortunate discovery is the lefthand ROPS knob was cross threaded badly. Bad enough that when I finally got it out the thread in the hole were completely destroyed and so are the threads on the tip of the knob/bolt.

Even with these hickups I so far love this tractor. This is the first HST I have used and WOW is it cool.

ANy input on the PTO?

/ Does the PTO on my new CK30HST need to be adjusted #2  
The PTO on our CK 30 also turnes ever so slowly and will stop if you touch it. But never noticed any gear noise . I also remember our T30 Ferguson also turned but had a screw on cover so you would not see it .

/ Does the PTO on my new CK30HST need to be adjusted #3  
I wouldn't worry about the PTO, mine does the same thing.
I'd have your dealer replace the parts on your ROPS. That knob is just to take the slack out of the bar once it's pinned in place, no big deal for safe operation.

/ Does the PTO on my new CK30HST need to be adjusted #4  
You will see this on old new or just about any tractor.

It is just the oil rolling around the gears moving the pto shaft.

If you grab it you can stop it.

/ Does the PTO on my new CK30HST need to be adjusted
Hey thanks guys. I feel better now. The noise is very faint. If the tractor wasn't so quiet I would never notice it. I bet yours does it too. I had to listen real close to hear it.

I will call my deal when they open and see what he can do about the ROPS.

I have been excited to use the new CK today, but it is raining pretty hard outside. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Does the PTO on my new CK30HST need to be adjusted #6  
My CK30HST is a month old and I noticed the same thing when I checked everything out like you're doing. The shaft turns ever so slowly but can be stopped easily by hand. Nothing wrong. Just friction from the fluid, gears, etc. No adjustment needed. I'm not sure what noise your hearing. Mine is quiet at the PTO. There is noise from the trans. area because everything is working. The clutch disconnects the engine from everything else, so that's why it quiets down when pushed. If it's that faint of a noise, I'd use it for a while. Parts are still breaking in. Besides, it's under warranty if it should get worse and you need the dealer to check it out. The dealer should fix the rops problem under warranty. I had two warranty repairs right at the start. New seat and hyd. cylinder repair on the FEL. Everything fixed with no problems at all.

Have fun with your new toy. Other members here are much more experienced and knowledgeable about Kioti. I hope they can advise the same to lessen your PTO concern.

/ Does the PTO on my new CK30HST need to be adjusted #7  
<font color="blue"> One other unfortunate discovery is the lefthand ROPS knob was cross threaded badly. Bad enough that when I finally got it out the thread in the hole were completely destroyed and so are the threads on the tip of the knob/bolt. </font>

I see two easy ways to fix this problem. You can either re-drill and re-tape one size larger OR install a heli-coil.

The only purpose they serve is to keep the ROPS from rattling. Good luck.