Backhoe woods backhoe

/ woods backhoe #1  

jimshea

Tractor
2005 kioti ck20 gear
Hi all, first post here , although like many others I have been reading here for a while. Just bought a new ck20 gear with front end loader, and was wondering if any fellow ck20 owners have considered putting a 7500 series woods backhoe on this machine. I had one on my 2002 b2410 kubota and it was nice. the front end was a little bit light under certain situations , but not a real problem. I traded a 2003 bx 22 for this ck20. It was a great little machine but I couldn't take the backhoe seriously after having the 7500 woods. the hoe on the bx 22 was good for relativley small tasks , but it was definitley limited. Again "great for what it is intended for" just not enough for me. I called woods and am waiting to here back from them. I was told by them that they feel it may be just a bit to heavy to keep enough weight on the front of the machine. I consider this machine to be easily on par with my previous 2410 in terms of size ,that is why I was considering this hoe attachment if any. In terms of need and usage , I am a home builder and remodeler in mass just west of boston. I have acces to all excavators and so fourth, this is just for personal little stuff around the house and on certain aspects of minor job duties on some of my projects . I do not favor the kioti subframe hanging down in the way it does "just my opinion and preference". By the way this is a great machine!!
Kioti has done a superior job on this baby. it's built like a tank!

Thanks for any feed back or opinions !
Jim !

/ woods backhoe #2  
I suppose you would be putting on the Woods subframe or a sub with 4pt hookup? In that case, it may very well handle the hoe just fine albeit a little heavy. I'm not sure that I would want to go bigger than a 6.5' hoe on the CK20 as that one really keeps her dancing at times, but the CK is pretty heavy, and if subframed I don't think the hoe will be too much. Of course Kioti does not recommend the larger hoe, take that for what it's worth.
John

/ woods backhoe
Thanks John for your reply ! And to answer your question Yes I would be putting on a woods subframe if I did this. I am in no real hurry to add this , i'm just covering all my bases and considering all options. Thanks again for your reply I really appreciate it !
JIm !

/ woods backhoe #4  
Woods does not make a subframe for the 7500 to fit the CK20. There is one for the 6500 though. It lists for $1500! Its the most expensive subframe I have seen... I wonder why?

/ woods backhoe
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Woods does not make a subframe for the 7500 to fit the CK20. There is one for the 6500 though. It lists for $1500! Its the most expensive subframe I have seen... I wonder why? )</font>

Maybe it's made out of gold /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif If I went the route of the 6500 I would wait until it comes with the curved arm like the groundbreaker 6000 series!

Thanks for the info Neil
Jim !