Bleed injectors

/ Bleed injectors #1  

bbse

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3325
I have a question that is more a curiosity at this point instead of a problem. I took the fuel filter out of this LK3054 last saturday (it was a mess by the way) and had to order a new filter holder. I put the old one back on until it comes in. I started the tractor and as I was backing out of the garage it quits. It starts and quits again. I figure I got air in the lines. So I look under the hood and out of the pump on the way to the injectors is a little wheel that is like a shut off valve. I turned it CCW until it was fully open and the tractor fired right up. I closed it back. But now I am curious as to what I did and what it does? Maybe it is supposed to be left open, I don,t know. Anybody got one of these on their 3054 they can look at?

/ Bleed injectors #2  
Leave it closed it is there to use just like you did.

KO

/ Bleed injectors #3  
Just like KO advised, leave it closed. What you did is what the manual tells you to do to bleed the air. You bled the air as needed and didn't even know you were doing it. You'll have to do that everytime you change the filter to bleed the air.

/ Bleed injectors
Appreciate the answers. I have got to get a manual on this thing. I plan to order one as soon as I can. I took a shot and got lucky this time. Thanks for the replies. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Bleed injectors #5  
I just wish that I had the luck that you do. I had to read your post like 5 times because I just didn't understand the concept. 1) Need to fix something. 2) Don't know what you're doing. 3) Do SOMETHING anyway. 4) Have a positive outcome.

I just didn't think it was possible for something to work that way. Last time I tried something similar half the county was in flames.

/ Bleed injectors
I feel lucky on this one also. I know how you feel. I always say that if it was raining soup I would be outside with a fork and get it on the mouth with a bale of hay. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Actually that little valve has a line feeding back to the fuel tank so I figured it would not hurt. Now if I can just figure this overheating thing out. Hey, I figure the guy who sold me the tractor knew about the problem. I didn't catch that one. I would have bought the tractor anyway but I might have offered a little less.

/ Bleed injectors #7  
(Now if I can just figure this overheating thing out.)

there's a screen in front of the rad that maybe blocked..

it maybe your problem.. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif