Adding a rear remote to a CK25...

/ Adding a rear remote to a CK25... #1  

BigDogues

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25hst
Hi,
As I am now the proud owner of a brand new CK25hst, it's time to start with the modifications. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I would like to add a rear remote valve and ports so that I can move my snowblower chute. I seem to be having difficulty in explaining exactly what I am looking for to my dealer. He had given me a estimate of over $1000.00. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I had seen a CK20 that had the remote lever and one set of ports already on it. I want to do the same thing. Can someone tell me what parts I should order to add this valve and the remote parts? Where is good place to order the parts from? I'm fairly mechanical and don't mind doing the work myself.
Thanks in advance,
Phil

/ Adding a rear remote to a CK25... #2  
Congratulations...................seems dealers having these machines in stock is a chore in itself. What dealer did you use? I'm guessing it is the same remotes used for a backhoe. If so the dealer should know what those are

/ Adding a rear remote to a CK25... #3  
I think I got an estimate for around $350 for the kit to have 1 set of rear remotes, you may want to contact other dealers, or maybe some one here has the kit Model number. That way you can tell your dealer what you are looking for and give you the correct cost.

I' plan on adding remotes to mine, but right now I have nothing that uses rear remotes. I'd hope to build something that would use them such as a log splitter, or something...

Good luck

/ Adding a rear remote to a CK25... #4  
I bought mine with two rear remotes, it took about a month for them to come in though. They ran about $450 ea I believe.

/ Adding a rear remote to a CK25...
Yeah, he told me about $350 for one set of ports, but with out a control valve and lever. Can't believe it would cost so such more for just that. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Adding a rear remote to a CK25... #6  
Most manufacturers make a killing on remotes. If your dealer is compitant they can build their own remotes for less $$.

/ Adding a rear remote to a CK25... #7  
One set costs 276 add a second set for 375. Total for 2 sets...List price $650.
KO

/ Adding a rear remote to a CK25... #8  
Sounds like your dealer is a little thick.
As Kiohio stated, they don't cost $1000.
Very easy to install yourself as well.
You can order them through any Kioti dealer who's willing to ship if you don't want to get them from the guy you're dealing with.
My dealer ships as well as many other members here.
www.bigtractorsupply.com Dave Williams

John

/ Adding a rear remote to a CK25...
Like I had said he gave me what might be a reasonable quote to add one set of remotes but he is telling me it is lines only with no control. I would have thought that a control valve would be part of the kit, no? He suggested picking up a aftermarket valve to go in after the ports. I want the factory A/B position lever mounted in the operators area where it suppose to be. I wanted to have this so I could move my snowblower chute as well as perhaps control a woodsplitter or whatever if I decided to add one later. In his defense, it is rather difficult to figure out what you need without a detailed or illustrated parts list. Does Kioti have exploded parts diagrams available? I don't suppose you know where I could lay my hands on one?

/ Adding a rear remote to a CK25... #10  
The kit includes EVERYTHING you need to installed the remote valve, all the way down the decals and rubber handle grip for the lever.

The kit does NOT included just lines, but everything that is needed.