Trailering a CK30 TLB

/ Trailering a CK30 TLB #1  

grdngrrl

Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
Good lord, I'm getting antsy. My new CK30HST TLB is due to arrive this Thursday...a delayed birthday gift to myself . /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I decided to get my 16 ft tandem axle flat bed up to par since I will be trailering to landscape jobs. The first issue to me was...why were the brakes on the front axle instead of the rear. It seems to me that the action of the brakes on the front wheels would tend to lift the axle via the spring equalizers and lower the rear axle. I want just the opposite effect, so I moved the axle with brakes to the rear. This ought to provide additional loading on the rear wheels during braking. Next I rigged up a micro switch on the trucks brake pedal so the electric brakes are activated before the truck brakes do. Then I got the trailer weighed (1720 pounds) and figured my payload weight can be a maximum of 6280 pounds with no weight on the tongue. That is with P235 R 15 tires (load rated at 2080 at 36psi) on the trailer. The CH30 TLB is gonn'a be darn close to 5000 pounds wet so in theory I have a cushon of aproximately 1200 pounds to spare ...somewhat more when allowing for tongue weight on the pickup.
OK, now for my question.: I have seen contractors hauling their backhoes behind the dump trucks facing both ways. Isn't backing on to the trailer the preferred safe way to load using ramps? And it seems to me that the backhoe being so narrow can nestle up right close to the coupler and still not hamper hard turns where the FEL bucket would hit the trucks tailights. Since I have yet to put my CK30 on the trailer I don't know where the balance point will be and this is really going to be the determining factor of where it sits on the trailer.
Anyone out ther been trailering a CK30?

/ Trailering a CK30 TLB #2  
I'm not sure if it's the same with trailers, but on cars and bikes the front brake is the primary brake. I'd go with brakes on both axles, I have a 16 foot with one set of brakes. I want to move up to a 20' with 5200 lbs axles and dual brakes. You can't have too much trailer or too much truck. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
In your situation I'd guess that backing on might be the best option.