Head Gasket

/ Head Gasket #1  

bbse

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3325
I finally got the diesel mechanic out to check out my overheating LK3054. As we had suspected it is a head gasket. It is leaking air into the radiator and a little water into one cylinder. It is a very small leak but a leak none the less. I got parts ordered this morning and they are shockingly inexpensive. I added a bunch of manual and other odds and ends but the gaskets and seals only total a little over $110 . /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I also ordered a factory thermostat which was the only part that seemed a little high. It was $19.74. I ordered a parts manual $17.99, a service manual $45.00, a lower front grill $21.04, glow plugs $18.48 ea, ignition switch $24.64. Total with shipping was only $226.00 or so.
I am going to check the cylinders and head once we get it apart and hopefully with 517 hours, we will not need anything else. I am very please to be on the way to recovery. If everything goes well I should be up to snuff in a bout 2 weeks with a tractor I can count on to start and run well for years to come. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Head Gasket #2  
That's great that you found the problem and it's not a big one. Your leak was small, so I'd be pretty confident that the cylinders are fine with only 517 hours. As someone else mentioned, when you get the head off, take it to an engine shop to make sure it's not warped at all. Cost is small and well worth it.

/ Head Gasket #3  
Thanks for sharing the prices you paid. It's good for owners to know that I've been telling the truth about the inexpensive parts offered by Kioti. I doubt it would have been any where near as cheap with one of the "other" so called major brands.
John

/ Head Gasket #4  
John,
I recently got a tach cable (cable and housing) for my DK 35.
Cost was $7.95. Now Thats cheap.

/ Head Gasket #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( John,
I recently got a tach cable (cable and housing) for my DK 35.
Cost was $7.95. Now Thats cheap. )</font>
then there was the guy that got a new fan blade for $11, and another that bought a new PTO shaft for an early 90s model for $35. Great prices.
John

/ Head Gasket #6  
I'm looking for a good place to get parts. Can you tell me where you got your parts?

/ Head Gasket #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm looking for a good place to get parts. Can you tell me where you got your parts? )</font>

A good place to get parts
DePratt Equipment Sales www.deprattequipment.com
Phone. 620-429-2602

/ Head Gasket #8  
Another good place is another Kioti dealer.
www.bigtractorsupply.com
When you get a chance, it would be a good idea to click on MY HOME at top of page, and then choose the personal settings and fill out your profile. Someone who lives near you may be able to give you better help than those of us far away.
Welcome to TBN.
John