RFM Help

/ RFM Help #1  

ChasK

Tractor
Kioti CK20
I was using my Kioti 60" RFM last night and heard one of those "noises" that indicates trouble. I immediately stopped and looked at my mower. The outside blade nearest what would be considered the drivers side was not turning....As I looked at it, I was able to spin the one blade w/out engaging the spindle/pulley/PTO.

Can anyone give me advice on this??? Am I to just tighten the nut holding the blade onto the spindle or is there something else wrong and more I need to do? It is just this one blade...

Thanks.
chask

/ RFM Help #2  
First, I would check the whole mower deck over. It may be that the blade came lose from the spindle, but it could be something else so it would be a good time to check the topside too.

For the underside, check the other blades to see how they are attached to the spindle, then make sure the final blade is reattached the same way. Go to the topside and remove the belt guards. Make sure everything up there is correct and make sure the problem blade is spinning with gearbox's belt drive.

It is possible you simply hit something (maybe just the ground) and it broke something minor under the deck, but given the speed at which the blades move, it makes sense to look it all over.

/ RFM Help
I did check under the belt guards and everything appeared to be fine...the spindle was tight and everything appeared to be in order. I guess I will just tighten the nut on the blade. Is this the only thing that holds the blade to the spindle and ensures it turns. I know on other mowers I've seen the blade is seated. These blades appear to only be connected to the spindle by one large nut.

Thanks for the info.

/ RFM Help #4  
Raise it up with the 3pt put a jack stand or other support under it and tighten the nut as tight as you can. We have had a couple come a little loose.
It's an easy fix.

KO

/ RFM Help
Thanks...I just didn't want to miss something if it was more than just the nut holding the blade tight.