Kioti 3054 ?

/ Kioti 3054 ? #1  

wanasrx

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti 3054
Going to look at a 3054 with loader and backhoe. Info that I know: Hours? stopped working at 485, shuttle shift, 2nd owner, everything works good. Any info on what to look for/at and what would be a fair price would be great.
Thank You
Rich

/ Kioti 3054 ? #2  
I just purchased a 1995 model 3054 with a GB260 loader and a 60" KK RFM with 506 hours on the tractor. I got it for $7500.00 in the Nashville area. Kioti is not strong in this market yet. It was in decent shape and the mower was almost new. I checked on some backhoe attachments and found some for $3000 to $4000. Hope this helps some. BTW I love this tractor. It does everything a 30HP tractor should , weighs as much as my L series Kubota did and has a much lower center of gravity.

/ Kioti 3054 ?
Thank You. You think 10 is about right.?

/ Kioti 3054 ? #4  
I think it would be if everything checks out ok. I discovered the one I bought had a air leak on the head gasket after I had used it hard. Caused it to overheat. The suprising thing was the parts were very inexpensive. I ordered them from Depratt Equipment. Jon Depratt is on this site regularly so if the unit needs something call Jon and get a price on the parts first. I would like to hear from some others about pricing and what to look for on a used tractor. Has it been kept out in the weather? How old is it? you can look at the serial # and if it has 9 digits the first # is usually the year. Mine starts with a 5 so 1995 model.

/ Kioti 3054 ? #5  
It would be interesting to see what loader and BH it has. I bought my 2003 new, and I'm delighted with it - a very capable machine.

/ Kioti 3054 ? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thank You. You think 10 is about right.? )</font>
If the hour meter stopped at 485, you have no way of knowing how many true hours it has. Determining the manufacuture date will help. 10K may be a good price for all of that, depending on the shape it's in. It's a second owner, and you have no way of knowing how it was maintained. Look for evidence of good greasing at all the zerks and bushings on the tractor, loader and backhoe. Check to make sure there isn't too much wear on those bushings.
Assure that the 3pt hitch raises and lowers properly with an implement on and off. Run the tractor for at least 30 minutes, any overheating should show up. Look at the radiator to see that it has been kept cleaned out, check the fins.
Look for leaks anywhere. Also look for eveidence of any rewelds that would indicate breaks. Make sure the shuttle shift is sturdy and not too hard to shift (you have to stop completely before shifting with this mechanical type shuttle), and that the steering wheel is tight.
Any problems you find will bring the price down accordingly. If you know someone that knows tractors, try to take him/her with you to inspect the tractor.

/ Kioti 3054 ?
Thanks for all the input. I looked at it yesterday. I was disappointed. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Looks like it sat outside all it's life, Loader and hoe faded bad. A lot of blow-by out the bottom front of the engine.
Barely started(needs battery). He also said it started hard in the winter. (probably needs glow plugs). Front tire flat. Loader frame moved a lot when I put force on the bucket to the ground. It could not lift front tires off the ground either. Hoe was frame mounted and worked ok. Front bucket was new. I would guess it hard over 2000 hrs. It bothered me also that the hour meter had never been fixed. Seems to me that someone never cared when it needed servicing. They were holding at 10. Didn't seem worth it to me.

/ Kioti 3054 ? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It bothered me also that the hour meter had never been fixed. Seems to me that someone never cared when it needed servicing. They were holding at 10. Didn't seem worth it to me.
)</font>
I think you made the right decision as it sounds like it was not maintained. Imagine they didn't even get the tire up for the sale.
Now, if it were at a bargain price of only a few thousand, I'm sure you could fix it up to be an excellent tractor for not very much money, but that's not the case.
There's another one out there somewhere with your name on it.
John