Grease fitting for brake pedals - CK30HST

/ Grease fitting for brake pedals - CK30HST #1  

HODAK

Gold Member
Tractor
CK30HST
How are you supposed to grease the brake pedal fitting? I tried the other day and the loader bracket is in the way. The clutch pedal fitting on the other side was close, but I was able to git-r-done.

Adjusted the cruise control linkage and the cruise is still kind of useless. It just doesn't hold. The good news is I don't even think about using it now and probably wouldn't use it now if it did work since I am totally comfortable with the hydro pedal. Leveled a load of topsoil on Saturday. You should have seen the smile on my face /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Maybe I'll post some pictures tonight.

/ Grease fitting for brake pedals - CK30HST #2  
I'm not sure how you'd do it if the bracket is in the way. I don't have that problem on my CK20, having plenty of room to get to each side. I suppose you're using a flex hose but the zerk is just too close to the bracket? I'll have to look at mine, but maybe you can loosen the brake bracket and turn it some so the zerk will be on the opposite side?
I can't imagine why you can't get the cruise adjustment to hold. Mine slipped some in the beginning, but adjustment was successful and it holds well now. I rarely use it, but sometimes if I'm going two or three miles down the road I'll use it.
John

/ Grease fitting for brake pedals - CK30HST
I was just thinking..........haven't seen anything from John lately. Your idea sounds simple, the best ideas usually are. I'll check it tonight. By the way, the ROPS are back on. Man are they HEAVY!! I don't know if you'll remember, but my ROPS rubbed my fender on the left side so while they were off I measured the distance between the "ears" where the pins go through. The side that rubbed was nearly 1/8" wider than the other side. The outside ear was just welded a little off so I squeezed it in a large vise, dressed it up with a file and added a little paint. That is some thick steel, but I have the clearance like the other side now.

I leveled some topsoil the other day and once again was impressed and smiling /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. In another post I tried to attach some pictures but, they were too large. My daughter said she can shrink them so maybe later I'll try again. 38 hours and very happy!

Thanks for your help.

/ Grease fitting for brake pedals - CK30HST #4  
I have the same problem with my CK30hst with fel, but was able to just get the grease hose on the zerk fitting. It just barely fit. Maybe you could try and find a smaller hose end. I've seen different brands slightly different in length.

Thanks for your idea on the rops rubbing the fender. Mine rubs on the right fender. I hope mine is as easy to fix as yours.

/ Grease fitting for brake pedals - CK30HST #5  
I think the best fix is to pull that part off, plug the zerk hole, drill a new one on top and install a 90 deg fitting. Maybe the factory will pick up on this, simple change to do from the start.

/ Grease fitting for brake pedals - CK30HST #6  
<font color="blue">How are you supposed to grease the brake pedal fitting? </font>

Would a 90 degree grease coupler work? Only need approx. 1/2" clearance to slide up over the zerk fitting.

675116-grease%20fitting%2090%20II%20jpeg.jpg

click for link

Don

Attachments

• 675116-grease fitting 90 II jpeg.jpg
    675116-grease fitting 90 II jpeg.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 147
   / Grease fitting for brake pedals - CK30HST
That would definitely work. Is that something I can get at a local auto store? Like I said, the clutch side was close but I managed. Thanks, TBN is a great place!

/ Grease fitting for brake pedals - CK30HST #8  
<font color="blue"> That would definitely work. Is that something I can get at a local auto store? </font>

I have seen them at TSC. I would imagine your local auto parts store would carry the 90 degree coupler.....

Don

/ Grease fitting for brake pedals - CK30HST #9  
I didn't know that they made a 90' end. I found one at TSC and it works great. Thanks
RedRocker has the right idea on a permanent fix. When I get tired of changing hose ends, that will be my next project.

/ Grease fitting for brake pedals - CK30HST #10  
Wait!!

There is a 90 degree fitting in the loader kit.

Did someone not put it on??

That is adressed in the loader manual check it out.