Biggest Tool Box

/ Biggest Tool Box #1  

mrutkaus

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30HST, Kubota BX-1500,
I got this French (sorry) ammo box from www.sportsmansguide.com http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=196481

It JUST FITS back of seat on CK30. I think it's about the biggest you could get in there. The wire hinges are rusty but I'm loosening them, then paint it chevy orange and bolt it down and send another pic.

Seat was too far back in this picture.

Mike

Attachments

• 701936-tractor tool box a s.jpg
    701936-tractor tool box a s.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 2,833
   / Biggest Tool Box #2  
Now that's a tool box!!!

/ Biggest Tool Box #3  
I want to know where you plan on putting the grill and cooler????...... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Also...a length of PVC strapped to the ROPS makes a great holder for the fishing pole..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Biggest Tool Box #4  
Place the "Tool Box" a little further back and it will make a perfect counter weight as the number of tools increase.

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Biggest Tool Box #5  
My toolbox is very similar in size. I mounted it between the ROPS on a bracket I built. I glued a SMV sign to the back of the toolbox.

You will LOVE having such a large tool box. I keep 2 different branch loppers in mine (16" anvil & 18" bypass), assorted tools, a small hatchet, a limb saw, a bag of misc parts like top link pins, clips, etc. A heavy duty tow strap, and there is enough room for some bottles of water too.

Mine is about 18" wide, 8" front to back and 21" tall. It is a 'pick up truck box'. Like I said, you are going to love it & you will never regret having it! I think it is one of the best things I did.

Truck Box turned Tractor Tool Box

/ Biggest Tool Box #6  
Looks great---whadya do when ya need something on the bottom??

Maybe a chest of drawers would be better>>?? LOL /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Biggest Tool Box
Good Point! I don't know. I'm painting it now, that Chevy DE-1620 Orange 500 deg engine spray can paint previously mentioned in the Kioti Forum looks perfect to me. I had tried "red-orange" but that was just the slightest bit darker.

Mike

/ Biggest Tool Box
Here's a picture of the French Tool Box painted with Duplicolor 1620 Orange Chevy Engine Paint. Big long chain in it now.

Mike

Attachments

• 705388-kioti tool box.jpg
    705388-kioti tool box.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,309
   / Biggest Tool Box #10  
Just curious, but does that also reduce the vibration from the SMV sign. Sometimes mine vibrates louder than any other noise on the tractor, especially when hoggin.