King Kutter Bush Hog 5' Slip Clutch Experience

/ King Kutter Bush Hog 5' Slip Clutch Experience #1  

mrutkaus

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30HST, Kubota BX-1500,
King Kutter Bush Hog 5\' Slip Clutch Experience

Well! Took about 6 hours. First 3pt hitch experience. Got 5' Slip Clutch cutter from Tractor Supply. Brought it home on a little trailer, assembled it on trailer, pulled it off trailer (550 lb) with CK30HST, Put on 3pt hitch. CUT ABOUT 3" OFF PTO SHAFT AND PLASTIC COVER AS PER King Kutter Instructions.

No manual with unit, called king kutter, they are sending one. There was one on their site www.kingkutter.com which I needed and used today.

First experience with 3pt hitch. Difficult. Big Wrenches, heavy stuff, thick gloves necessary. Learned to push down ALL THE WAY on spring loaded PTO connection screw tractor side when installing.

Side slip devices, had to adjust to avoid damaging tire. Handy, but necessary to remember them.

Learned to TAKE BOLTS OUT ON KUTTER SIDE WHEN INSTALLING PTO SHAFT. Then install bolts when seated. Nobody tells you these things!

All done, works fine. Tricky. All this big tractor *25 years with Cub Cadet 17 hp Model 780!!!* stuff is difficult for me, heavy, dangerous, need to go slow in learning it. NOte bene,newcomers, it is dangerous and heavy and tricky.

Did a little mowing, needed to lower wheel, will do more tomorrow. Very powerful in eliminating brush, vines, etc. need to ascertain proper levels, power, etc.

King Kutter wheel didn't rotate,didn't figurethat out till later. Loosened bolt, rotated fine.

Mike (age 62 in a few days)
Winchester VA

Attachments

• 712346-king kutter.jpg
    712346-king kutter.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,457
   / King Kutter Bush Hog 5' Slip Clutch Experience #2  
Re: King Kutter Bush Hog 5\' Slip Clutch Experience

Dealerships tell you that kind of stuff but not TSC /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ King Kutter Bush Hog 5' Slip Clutch Experience #3  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Dealerships tell you that kind of stuff but not TSC /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif )</font>

gamble77 I am in total agreement with you!!!

I value my dealers and the knowledge they provide. I've yet to find anyone at TSC who could help me find a part that is sitting on a shelf in their own store. A good dealer will also assemble, test and then deliver the implement. The only implement I ever picked up was a Herd Spreader, and the dealership actually loaded into the back of the lovely Mrs_Bob's SUV and she drove it home. So I guess I didn't ever pick up an implement . . . she did!!!

BTW, shouldn't this thread be moved to the ATTACHMENTS forum? It really is about an cutter, and not really related to any specific brand of tractor.

/ King Kutter Bush Hog 5' Slip Clutch Experience #4  

Mike,

Did you look under the deck for the manual?

That's where mine was when I bought a 5' KK RC from TSC - taped to the underside of the deck. I called the store and they said "did you look under the deck?" /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Of course, since you already mowed, it probably wasn't under there, or you would have found it - scattered across your field. But it might be worth checking anyway.

/ King Kutter Bush Hog 5' Slip Clutch Experience #5  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( No manual with unit, called king kutter, they are sending one.)</font>

Check up under the deck, King Kutter usually tapes them under the deck on their cutters and tillers.

/ King Kutter Bush Hog 5' Slip Clutch Experience #6  

In addition to loosening that bolt to let the wheel turn, I would expect it to need a few shots from a grease gun. It does have a grease zerk, doesn't it?

/ King Kutter Bush Hog 5' Slip Clutch Experience #7  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It does have a grease zerk, doesn't it? )</font>

Yes they do. The wheel/axle and the wheel pivot have grease zerks.

/ King Kutter Bush Hog 5' Slip Clutch Experience #8  

I do hope you put oil in the cutters gearbox. They come shipped dry.

/ King Kutter Bush Hog 5' Slip Clutch Experience #9  

Mike,

I did the exact same thing this evening, That is, install a King Kutter 5 ft bush hog on my CK30HST. Haven't mowed yet, prob will Saturday.

/ King Kutter Bush Hog 5' Slip Clutch Experience

It must be in the air, that is KK 5' hogs and CK30's.

I did look under it for the manual, I didn't see anything and didn't see anything scattered across the field. Maybe it is taped real good.

Oh yes I added nice moly disulphide gear oil and greased everything. I didn't see a fitting on the actual rubber wheel axel, one on top, but I'll look again.

Going to loosen up the slip clutch a bit, it looks awfully tight.

And soon going to Kiotize it with TSC Gloss Orange Paint!

Gonna do some more mowing in a while...

Mike