steering issue leaky fluid

/ steering issue leaky fluid #1  

tractorhead

Can anyone help with this issue?

Ive got a kioti LK 3054 XS and the steering column is leaking fluid from the center adjusting screw on the right side.

After one trip around the farm, the screw backs off and the yoke eventually works itself out, from the left of the column.

I've tightened it several times and tried to recenter the yoke only to have it do the same, over and over.

Has this happened to anyone?
Any help is appreciated,
Thanks,
Andrew

/ steering issue leaky fluid
does anyone have any ideas?

/ steering issue leaky fluid #3  
Sorry Andrew I'm not familiar enough with the 3054 steering system to help you out.
We do have some excellant Kioti dealers that freaquant this site.
Hopefully someone will jump in here and help you out.

/ steering issue leaky fluid #4  
Have never heard of this problem at all. Well check a parts book and let you know. Is your unit still under warranty?

jon, thanks for the reply

maybe the pics will help explain.

the fluid leaks from here. I was able to double nut the adjuster screw so it doesn't back off anymore, and it seems to control the leak some.

is it possible there might be a clog in the hydrolic system.

Also, my dealer won't sell me a parts manual. Is there anywhere I can buy one or see just a sheet of the said parts.

Thanks for looking into the parts manual.

Attachments

• 718923-0821051729a copy.jpg
    718923-0821051729a copy.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 248
   / steering issue leaky fluid #6  
Your dealer won't sell you a manual or doesn't have one in stock? Some of the dealers I hear about on here really make me wonder. I'm not perfect by any stretch but......go figure. I do know one thing, you do not have a 3054XS. It is a pre 99 3054. On to the real question, I'm in the same boat with Jon, jhave to look at some manuals and such, have never had that problem arise.

KO

/ steering issue leaky fluid #7  
Your tractor is a LK3054 but not the XS. That was what was throwing me off.

That should have been double nutted from the factory. Quite possible that one of them backed off without you knowing? Its been a while since I have worked on one of these, and im trying to rememeber. I do remember if you don't get it tight it will leak. Ok just looked at a used LK3054, there is a washer, then a nut, then another washer, then a capped nut.

I won't hold it against your dealer on the parts maunal. On this breakdown it is not in any part book. I just happened to come across one at one point. The breakdown I have is not 100% complete, and doesn't scan good, but hope this helps.

Attachments

• 719023-column.jpg
    719023-column.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 257
jon, and KO
thanks for all the support. I'm going to try adding another washer and a capped nut to see if that will alleviate the problem.

The diagram was excellent.

thanks again,
Andrew

/ steering issue leaky fluid #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Your dealer won't sell you a manual or doesn't have one in stock? Some of the dealers I hear about on here really make me wonder. I'm not perfect by any stretch but......go figure. I do know one thing, you do not have a 3054XS. It is a pre 99 3054. On to the real question, I'm in the same boat with Jon, jhave to look at some manuals and such, have never had that problem arise.

KO )</font>

I love it when a people have the parts book it save a lot of time on phone orders when they can tell you exactly what they need . Vermeer give a parts book with every machine sold.

/ steering issue leaky fluid #10  
Yes, I agree I think parts manuals should be included with every tractor. Vermeer is a good company.

KO