Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trying to remove blades from rfm

I am trying to remove blades from my kioti rfm The nuts are on too tight. I can not budge them. I tried penetrating oil. I am not sure which way the nut turns to loosen? Are they reverse threads? Anyone know? Any other suggestionts?
    Thanks
    Kurt

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30 HST

Default Re: Trying to remove blades from rfm

I don't belive they are reverse threads. I use an inpact gun to remove the blades on my mower. They will tighten up with use it seems. If you don't have an impact wrench try getting a long piece of heavy pipe from Lowes or Home Depot and sliding it over a socket breaker bar for leverage. Use a piece of 2X4 to wedge the blade to prevent it from turning.
    Be sure to block the deck if you are working under it. I use jack stands.

Al

Any idea what size nut holds the blades on?
    Thanks
    Kurt

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30 HST

I don't know the size the at used on the Kioti mowers. It will be round 3/4" but it may be metric. In that case it will be around 24mm I would think. In the larger sizes you can usually get a socket in either that will work. They are very close when you get into the large sizes.

Al

Normandy Park, WA and Randle, WA recreation property
    Tractor
    2012 DK 45HST SE w/ FEL

I think there could be a argument made if you own this rig you will be needing a good 1/2 dr air impact and some 6 point impact sockets. The strongest 1/2 drive i've used so far is Ingersoll-Rand's titanium/composite. It rivals a 3/4" drive in power, so although it's not the cheapest-it's almost like having two guns cause of the power.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20

I use a 1-1/16" socket on a matco 1/2" impact wrench. It is not reverse thread. The nuts appear to be self locking (nylon threads on the end).

BTW. The bolt for adjusting the belt tension on mine is 17mm. The problem is the locking nut on the inside (towards gearbox) Not enough room to use a cresent wrench and none of my wrench sets have 17mm open wench just 1 ratching 17mm that is just a bit to large to fit between to gear box and bolt. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Kurt

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

If you don't have an air compressor,you can use an electric impact wrench or as mentioned a long section of pipe. Good luck!

Tractor
    kioti

Kurt,
    If you have not got your blades taken care of let me know. I go into Punta Gorda once or twice a week and can pick up your tractor on a trip back and take care of it for you. Or, I can drop off some blades that I have in stock if you need.

Barrett's Equipment
    941-460-9769

Well the blades are off thanks to tc-11 lubricant, 1 1/16 socket and a long pipe. Unfortunately one nut was damaged ad needs to be replaced. It is metric but I can't find one that big at any local hardware stores. I may have to order one on line. Anyone know the thread size?
    Thanks again
    Kurt

Tractor
    kioti

Kurt,
    I dropped off the nut for you finish mower today and put it on the seat of your tractor. Don't worry about paying me I was down the street dropping of a CK20 anyway. If you need any thing else let me know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast