Grading Rear Blade for CK20HST. What Size????

/ Rear Blade for CK20HST. What Size???? #1  

KAB

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK20
With winter approaching again /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif , I am looking at purchasing a rear blade for my CK20. Looking at Kioti's website it calls for a maximum of a 60" rear blade. (also only calls for a 48" box blade, which I use a 60" box /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif).

The primary use will be for snow removal with secondary use of whatever I can think of in the summer. Most of my summer use will either call for the boxblade or landscape rake.

Questions:
Will a 60" blade cover the rear tires when angled?
Has anybody tried a 72" rear blade on a CK20? If so, How well did it work?

Thanks in advance.

Kurt

/ Rear Blade for CK20HST. What Size???? #2  
<font color="red"> Will a 60" blade cover the rear tires when angled?
</font>
The answer to your question is yes but not if angled to the most severe angle possible. Kioti blades are high quality blades made by Midwest Equipment, I use a 60" Midwest blade on a TC24 which is dimentionally the same basic size as a CK20. The blade offers several adjustment positions, but when rotated so it is facing backwards and angled about 30 degrees it makes a very effective snow blade in snowfall up to about 8" deep. Do yourself a favor and get the upgraded version of the blade with the offset feature, it is worth the extra money.

/ Rear Blade for CK20HST. What Size???? #3  
I would go with the 72"
The CK20 will handle it.

/ Rear Blade for CK20HST. What Size???? #4  
Yep, I moved snow with one last year. 72" was no problem for it.

KO

/ Rear Blade for CK20HST. What Size???? #5  
<font color="red"> Will a 60" blade cover the rear tires when angled? </font>

YES. I have the KK 5' blade that I use mostly for snow removal and with it tilted to the first notch, it covers the footprint just fine. With a 12' wide driveway it only takes three passes to clear it. Hope this helps.

/ Rear Blade for CK20HST. What Size???? #6  
Just as Bob S. mentioned, the 5 foot will cover the rear tires but not when fully angled. If you want the snow to roll to the side and not pile up in front or behind you, go with the 6 footer. We both get similar snow in our area and it get's pretty deep at times. I think you will like the 6 foot better and the CK20 will handle it fine.

/ Rear Blade for CK20HST. What Size????
After hearing from Wallace and Kohio I decided to get the 6'. Although this is what I was leaning toward I just wanted a second opinion.

Bob, when I first started looking I was interested in a 5' with tilt and offset, but bought the boxblade first based on recommendation to others here. After using the loader for snow last winter I figured it was time to get a rear blade for snow removal. There has only been a handfull of times when I wished I had a rear blade for the angle capibilities and they have all been light duty application so I could not justify the added cost for the additional options. But, if I was buying a rear blade over a box blade those options would have been a must. Thanks for your input.

For all I probably should have mentioned that I plow 2 16' wide drives and 1 10' wide drive which was the main reasin for wanting a wider blade..

VictorW, I just miss the heavy snowfall for the most part by about a mile. All I have to do is drive a mile south to start getting into the heavy snow. For work I drive over your way quit a bit and depends on where you are, we just get a dusting as compared to what you get. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kurt