home made brush guard LK3054

/ home made brush guard LK3054 #1  

kiotirules

Tractor
kioti lk3054 4x4
hi, i looked at alot of posts about brush guards and decided to build one to my own specs, pics are included, maybe it will help someone else. it works good.

mark

Attachments

• 746730-brush guard 1.jpg
    746730-brush guard 1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,546
   / home made brush guard LK3054
another pic

Attachments

• 746736-brush guard 3.jpg
    746736-brush guard 3.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,259
   / home made brush guard LK3054 #3  
Fine looking brush guard Mark,very convenient when one as to do work in and around the bush, thanks for posting the pics, I always enjoy looking at those pics /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif...cag

/ home made brush guard LK3054 #4  
Looks pretty good, but I wonder why you put it so far out front of the actual grill? There is room for things to get in from the side by having it that far out. I know, I've had crap come in from the side out of seeming nowhere and whop the side of the tractor, or me, and nearly going into the grill.
If I were you, I'd try to move it back just a bit. The design is very good. I like the "wings" as it seems they would help push things away.
John

/ home made brush guard LK3054 #5  
Mark,
That is one beautiful and quite functional brushguard!
Does it pivot down as you open the tractor hood or must you do this previous to opening the hood?
Steve

/ home made brush guard LK3054 #6  
John, I'm not sure it's all that far out front - it appears to pivot from down below, which means when both are vertical it will be a lot closer.

Nice job by the way!

/ home made brush guard LK3054 #7  
Have you seen the DK45s brush guard? It's at least that far from the actual grill. Because you've brought that to our attention, I'll put wings on the side when I do mine. I was thinking of expandable metal on the front. Now I'll frame sides on too!

/ home made brush guard LK3054 #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'll put wings on the side when I do mine. I was thinking of expandable metal on the front. Now I'll frame sides on too!
)</font>
Sounds like an excellent idea. I've had some strange pokes come from seemingly nowhere. Any extra protection will eventually pay off in my book!
John

/ home made brush guard LK3054 #9  
It looks it will do the trick, I recently bought a used LK3054 and I just bought the new grill parts for it, and was thinking if I don't want to bust up this one I will need to build a brush guard as I will be doing some brush cutting in some heavy cover.
You wouldn't happen to have any plans or material list you used?

Thanks,

Thud

/ home made brush guard LK3054
hey thud, i built it as i went, just got started and let the ideas go, i can send you more pics if it would help, i made measurments of the front and where i mounted and worked the rest in. i really like it.
mark