Snow snow thrower for CK20

/ snow thrower for CK20 #1  

jimb1724

Silver Member
Tractor
ck20hst
hello all.....

it's been quite a while since my last post.... a lot of summer projects, but alas, none involving the ck20....

anyway, it's starting to get that wintery feel here in NH and i am thinking about a 3pt snow thrower for the tractor...

does anyone have any suggestions as to price/quality of the various makes and models available ? i've just started the search and certainly value the input.

thanks to all in advance.....

jim

/ snow thrower for CK20 #2  
After quite a bit or research I opted for a 64" Provonost Puma. You might want to consider a 54" model. Not sure but I think is wide enough to cover your tread width. I see you are in New Hampshire as well. Keats down in Keene has a good stock of them. Other people on the boards also report good results with the Blizzard line. I can't tell you yet how well she works as I haven't had a chance to give it a spin yet, but I'm ready for the snow. Yee-hah! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ snow thrower for CK20 #3  
Just a numskull question from WA: I know you guys live in areas where you get !SERIOUS! snow. We get maybe 0-3 inches at our lower elevations. How does a REAR mounted snow blower work overall??---Im used to seeing them on the FRONT of trucks, etc as to not be driving over the pile of snow accumulation.
Do u think a rear grader type blade would be ok for our 0-3 inches of snow?

/ snow thrower for CK20 #4  
I have a 64" Puma blower that I have used for the past two winters. It's heavy duty and will throw the snow quite a way.

There have been many posts here on TBN regarding snowblowers. Do a search for Puma and/or Blizzard and you will get plenty of posts to read.

The Blizzard is a lighter duty unit than the Puma. Several NH dealers carry either the Puma or Blizzard. Shop around.

/ snow thrower for CK20 #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( How does a REAR mounted snow blower work overall?? )</font>

I have used my 3pt Puma on 22" of snow. It went thru it like a hot knife thru butter.

A rear blade would be fine for a couple of inches of light snow.

/ snow thrower for CK20
Thanks for the info. I will check out Keats soon...

Jim

/ snow thrower for CK20
Tractorlegend
with the rear mounted thrower you drive backwards, so that it basically works the same as a front mount....

when we get a 12" storm or better up here, i have to turn my rear blade around and drive backwards so as to "plow" the snow with the blade... it works fine on storms up to 8 or 9 inches since i have a 60" blade with a 15" moldboard... but since we usually have several storms each year of over 18" i want to go with a thrower and move the snow as far as possible with one pass... the blade will definite work well for your needs, in fact you can just drive through the snow and use the blade as you normally would when moving dirt....

/ snow thrower for CK20 #8  
Come on now, we get more than 3 inches in a decent storm. Seems last year we had a couple of 10 inchers.

Doesn't your neck get sore and cold from driving backwards in the cold snowy weather?

/ snow thrower for CK20 #9  
I am still trying to understand recommended Horsepower with some of the rear implements. A lot of the specifications will give a recommended horsepower range, but never really say whether they are talking Engine horsepower or PTO horsepower. Which one is it usually?

/ snow thrower for CK20
Highbeam

as i said earlier, the blade works great in storms up to 8 or 9 inches, perhaps even 12 inches depending on the consistency of the snow....

yes, my neck may get a little sore driving the tractor backwards for 40 minutes to do 700' plus of driveway and parking areas, but that's still better (and a lot more fun) than WALKING behind (and PUSHING uphill) a 8hp simplicity snowthrower for five hours to clear the same areas........
regards,

Last edited: