kioti thumb for CK30 HST

/ kioti thumb for CK30 HST #1  

mauistardog

Bronze Member
Tractor
CK30HST
A while back I had asked about the thumb for the ck30 and was directed to a manufacture who gave tbn members a discount. No one so far posted they actually had one put on, but I went a head and bought it. Sorry for the lateness in posting, in the middle of building my house. I will post a few quick thought s on it and will post more if people want more detail.

Thumb is a must for picking rock or grabbing tree trucks to cut up.
Quality of the welding is back yard. Not what I expected and not a clean job at all.
Don't tell kioti if you are still under warrenty that you put it on.
The thumb is about 35 lbs. but strong looking. But the bracket had to be rewelded.

After I had it installed, I had my second problem with the backhoe attachment. The dipstick started to wear in the same area that a previouse poster noted and in a different area from my previouse break. Once again kioto came through and fixed it under warrenty. theo only problem....I had to have the thumb grinded off and then re attached. uuggg. so instead of costing my 150 to install it, it cost me over 400 for all the work. but it is still worth it.

joe

Attachments

• 762841-thumb1.jpg
    762841-thumb1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 526
   / kioti thumb for CK30 HST
Another pic

Attachments

• 762842-thumb2.jpg
    762842-thumb2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 408
picture with thumb and forks

Attachments

• 762843-thumbfork.jpg
    762843-thumbfork.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 344
I got a set of forks that attach to the loader to help with my house construction. great for lifting beams and joists up. as well as sheets of plywood. but be carefull.

joe

Attachments

• 762844-fork1.jpg
    762844-fork1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 329
   / kioti thumb for CK30 HST #5  
It's a little late for both of us now, but check out the new Woods backhoe on thier site. Excavator style curved boom, optional factory thumb, extra power and reach.

If I win the lotto I may have to upgrade.

Larry

thanks Steve,

that looks real beefy. did you put it on a ck30 backhoe? my main concern was the weight. so i went with the lightest one that i thought I could still get the job done and not get crushed by the bucket the first time I use it. I am still concerned about the pivit points on the Kioti loader after getting two breaks, thank goodness for the warrenty. Once the warrently is gone, I will work on having some extra welds to beef it up.

aloha
joe