KB 2375 control valve question

/ KB 2375 control valve question #1  

VictorW

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30HST
I didn't know there were three valve units used on the bh as Batche33 advised. This may be part of the answer to my question. My left stabilizer will not feather with weight on it. If you have it down with a little weight and want to go a little farther to level the tractor, as you feather the control forward for a little more, the stabilizer arm will come up until the weight of the tractor is resting on the rear tire. You have to push the control farther forward to get down movement. It's as if the valve is just bleeding off. The stabilizer does not bleed off with the control centered. The dealer said it might be the load check valves and ordered both of them. Looking at the parts manual diagram supplied with the bh, I haven't a clue as to where they go. Also, the diagram is close to what my valve unit looks like but a little different in certain spots. Does anyone know if the load check valves are the problem and if I split the valve unit, will I find them. I had removed all external fittings and plugs for that particular valve and saw nothing like the parts he gave me. Maybe my manual and the parts are for another brand of valve. I was thinking there was something wrong with the main control valve. The dealer doesn't really seem to excited to dig into it and said he has never had a control unit apart.

/ KB 2375 control valve question #2  
Victor,
I don't think the load check valves are your problem because you stated that it stays where you set it.
There can be a defect in the port which when you slowly move the valve the spool finds the defect in the port and allows the fluid to by pass and once the spool passes the defect in the port it will build pressure again.
I would not split the valve the only thing in there is o-rings to be able to stack the valve
If you can post a picture of your valve I can tell you Whic one it is.
If it has round boots with little blue rings on them it is the first one
If it has square boots it is the second one
If it has real long handles with a bend in them it is the third one.

/ KB 2375 control valve question
Rick,
Thank you very much for the info. Mine has the round boots with blue rings on the two main controls. No boots on the stabilizer controls. I guess it's a Nimco control. I'll try to get a picture. There is some kind of ID tag on the side of the control but I can't read it unless I pull the valve unit out.

If I split the valve unit to get to the stabilizer valve block, can it be taken apart to find the defect as you mentioned? Is the repair made by replacing the defective part or does Kioti replace that particular valve block as a unit? I don't mind doing the work myself as the local dealer doesn't seem to knowledgeable or excited about digging into it and I don't have a way to haul the bh to the dealer.

As always, thank you for helping others.

Through my dealer, Kioti is still insisting that it's the load check valves that are causing the problem. Pulled the spool out and it looks OK, so does the port, but that's just with giving it an eyeball look and I'm no expert. I had to split the valve sections and found the load checks under the rods that hold the assembly together. They are not between each section. I have new load check valves but they are a little different. The old valves had a flat surface to do the sealing while the new ones have a cone shaped end that is supposed to seal. I guess put it all back together and see but I have an idea that I'll be taking it back apart. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'll let you all know how it turns out. I'm getting pretty good with this valve disassembly and learning all the parts. If anyone needs some help, let me know. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Not that I didn't believe Rick's diagnosis but the Kioti rep. wanted the new load check valves installed. New load checks installed and the bh still still does the same thing. I have to wait until my dealer hears back from the rep. and maybe know I'll have a new spool and section assembly like Rick stated in the first place.

Just like the other member that had a problem with the warranty charge for his bh valve, it must be who you get to talk to at Kioti and not Kioti itself.

/ KB 2375 control valve question #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Not that I didn't believe Rick's diagnosis but the Kioti rep. wanted the new load check valves installed. New load checks installed and the bh still still does the same thing. I have to wait until my dealer hears back from the rep. and maybe know I'll have a new spool and section assembly like Rick stated in the first place. )</font>
I have a feeling that the leak down is coming from the boom cylinder and not the control valve. It's not uncommon.
John

/ KB 2375 control valve question #7  
Kiotijohn,
This is not his boom leaking down. He has a problem with his leg. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks for the idea John. It's the right stabilizer that I'm having the problem with. Even so, I had thought about the cylinder but it will stay in place all day if the control is in the center. There doesn't appear to be any leak down from the cylinder.

After I put the new load checks in and tested the right stabilizer, it acted the same when moving the control forward. Just as a double check, I switched the two cylinder hoses for each stabilizer at the respective valve sections. Now it's the left stabilizer that acts wrong. That leads me to believe that the one valve section in the six valve unit is malfunctioning.

The dealer was trying to get a hold of the Kioti rep. again to order a new complete valve section to replace my faulty one. I guess I'll be splitting the valve unit apart again unless the rep. has another idea but I can't think of what's left.

/ KB 2375 control valve question #9  
Sorry guys, I should have refreshed my memory by reading a few of the earlier posts which I had read a while back. You're right, it sounds like you're on the right track to the problem. Good luck.
John

Kioti has finally sent the parts to assemble a complete working valve section to replace the one that works the left stabilizer. Apparently they don't have them in stock as an assembly. All set to put the valve section together and wouldn't you know it, they sent the inlet block instead of the working block. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Whoever pulls the parts must not know what they are or they just do what the order invoice tells them. Anyway, I'm sure they'll get it right in a few more days. I'll let you know how it goes after the new parts are installed.