kioti dk55 front end problems

/ kioti dk55 front end problems #1  

gooseneckmfg

New cab DK55 less than 12 hours. Left front gears (rings sheared 3 teeth, dealer sent us the parts after about 2 weeks) just happened again only on the right side.

I thought these tractors were ok, beginning to wonder. (I also own a Kubota m68oo, JD 4320 & an older 875 V /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifersatile so I'm around tractors a lot.) Plus we use the m6800 as a trailer retriever in our trailer mfg business.

/ kioti dk55 front end problems #2  
Gooseneck, welcome to TBN - I wish your first post didn't have to contain such disturbing news.

I might be stepping into a hornet's nest here, but that does not sound good at all. If that had just happened to my tractor, it'd be heading back to the dealer, never to return.

One side? OK, it happens to the best of them. One side, and then the other side? That is a totally different story. What other gears (or other components) are on that tractor that were manufactured with the same poor standards? (You obviously know tractors, so I'm not about to assume that you abused the machine).

Again, I'd get rid of that thing and never look back. Kioti owners, please know that I'd be saying the same thing no matter what brand it was. That is just totally unacceptable, and I see nothing but trouble, trouble and more trouble if you keep that machine.

John

Similar problem?

DK40 front end

/ kioti dk55 front end problems #3  
Well you will pardon my skepticism but, we have two posters here that were not posting here at the time of purchase yet showed up once they had a “problem”. I know that shouldn’t be an issue but this is after all the Kioti Forum and we’ve had more than our fair share of trolls. Gooseneck I don’t mean this as any sort of personal affront it’s just the nature of the beast here.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If that had just happened to my tractor, it'd be heading back to the dealer, never to return.)</font>

Not sure I completely understand that, I’d be working with my dealer to figure out the root cause.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That is just totally unacceptable, and I see nothing but trouble, trouble and more trouble if you keep that machine.)</font>

Care to expand on that, what leads you to that conclusion? There are too many very happy Kioti owners here in this forum for me to think this problem endemic. Lord knows I’ve worked my own hard enough. I’ll be interested to see how this plays out.

Regards, Jamie

/ kioti dk55 front end problems #4  
I stand by my previous post in its entirety. I will add that if the post was a fabrication, and the failures did not happen as described, then I have given credence where none was due.

As far as:

( If that had just happened to my tractor, it'd be heading back to the dealer, never to return.)

Not sure I completely understand that, I’d be working with my dealer to figure out the root cause.

is concerned, I'm not sure what part of it is subject to interpretation. IF that had happened to my tractor, whatever color it was, I would not be keeping it, or would do everything in my power to make that the case.

As for:

( That is just totally unacceptable, and I see nothing but trouble, trouble and more trouble if you keep that machine.)

Care to expand on that, what leads you to that conclusion?

I think it's obvious what lead me to that conclusion. Again, if the information is false, I have given credence to what I believed to be an honest account of an event that purportedly occurred. If the event(s) did not happen, I have made a mistake in doing so. If not, I stand by my conclusion that this is an unacceptable level of performance from a machine, and that these purported failures might very well lead one to believe that there could well be other problems in the future.

John

/ kioti dk55 front end problems #5  
Jamie,
Don't be so quick to condemn a first time poster with a problem. It happens in every forum here regardless of color/brand. People go looking for an answer to their problem and stumble across TBN, which they may not have known even existed when they purchased.
I know exactly what went through your mind when you posted and I understand the troll comment, but that's a fine way to welcome a new member. It might even drive them away.

edit.......welcome to TBN gooseneck

/ kioti dk55 front end problems #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Gooseneck,
Again, I'd get rid of that thing and never look back. Kioti owners, please know that I'd be saying the same thing no matter what brand it was. That is just totally unacceptable, and I see nothing but trouble, trouble and more trouble if you keep that machine.

John )</font>

Boy-O-Boy,
You must get a lot of new equipment, if you only have 2 problems with something and then want to get rid of it!

/ kioti dk55 front end problems #7  
<font color="blue">Boy-O-Boy,
You must get a lot of new equipment, if you only have 2 problems with something and then want to get rid of it!</font>

Wallace, I respectfully submit that there are problems, and then there are problems.

My Kubota 5030 has had several problems. Some of the loader bolts were loose, hydraulic hose fittings leaked and needed to be snugged up, and after 530 hours an o-ring failed on a quick-connect for my front grapple hydraulics.

I love my tractor, and these problems are, in my estimation, quite minor. If one front axle drive gear had disintegrated after 12 hours, and then the other one followed suit, my feelings about my tractor would be quite different.

I ask only that you not attack me for making the observations that I have made. I would have posted them in the Mahindra forum, the New Holland forum, the John Deere forum, or the Kubota forum, and I stand by them.

John

/ kioti dk55 front end problems #8  
I think it should suffice to say that these types of problems happen in all kinds of equipment. It is not terribly unusual to find the occasional bad run of something that is only discovered after sale. With replacement parts being installed, it is likely that the whole problem will not return.

There are many DK55's out there that have never had this problem, and there are some that have. Usually, repairing/replacing a defective piece with another that was probably not in the same lot resolves the problem and everything is hunky-dory afterward.

I think it highly unlikely that said tractor will have the same problems after the parts are replaced. It doesn't mean that anything else on the tractor will go bad.
John

/ kioti dk55 front end problems #9  
Have you ever wrote a post and it didn't end up here the next day---I swear that was the case---so I will repeat...
I have been trolling this forum for over a year and as far as Kioti problems these are all I remember---A CK20 tranny coupler problem on a couple of them, loose loader bolts sheared off which likely could have been tightened prior to such, some misc. o ring leaks on hydraulics here and there, and now this.
I don't think enough to condemn the whole brand and likely Kioti will stand behind the issue and come up with something.
Any brand can and does have a lemon in the group of anything mechanical. A man named Murphy made a law that insures such.

/ kioti dk55 front end problems #10  
I believe I would want to get out from under that thing as well. Two catastrophic front end failures in TWELVE hours would scare anyone. That would take the "warm & fuzzy" feeling of owning a new machine away real quick.

John