CK30- Kioti loader failure

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #21  
I can't see where your tow chains are attached exactly but my guess would be that possibly a tooth bar adds some stresses not calculated in by the factory. The access door creates a weak spot where the tube has been cut open and covered over with a plate to make room to fish the hoses through.
I don't have my rig in front of me but I suspect a good look would reveal some areas where maybe some additional metal/ angle iron could be laid on there and welded to strengthen the area, if it doesnt impede movement of bucket, etc.
I wouldn't have a problem opting to do that as a "beef up" since we all add stuff like hooks, tooth bars and non factory mods and towing tie down so why not add some non factory strengthening in the areas needed?
And of course use that chevy orange to make it all look factory.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #22  
No its not Ansung... I can't think of who the Mfg is...

Only some of the loader models are made in Korea, some models are made here in Kansas by KMW.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #23  
Highbeam, I have 75 hrs on my ck30 with the 130 loader. Almost all of that time is FEL work. I went and checked mine and did not see a any cracks on it so far.

I can see when they routed the hydraulic lines through the assembly (which I presume was for crushing protection) it created some weak points, two large holes and the rectangular access panel, that would allow for twisting motion under load. The tooth bar may be a little too much for this configuration without frame modification.

I do see an opportunity to strengthen this configuration by removing the lines from within the assembly and welding it up solid. Then routing the hydraulic fluid across the loader by way of steel pipes. Good Luck, and please keep us informed. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( No its not Ansung... I can't think of who the Mfg is... )</font>
The company to which you refer is Taesung Mfg., but I'm not sure they do the KL130. I seem to recall that Kioti was trying to get away from using KMW. A lot of the earlier KMW stuff had bad tolerances when it came to installing, there was a lot of grinding needed to get the holes to line up, but the loaders seemed to be pretty good.

So many changes have come about since I first bought my Kioti, and I can't remember a lot either!
John

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure
I never opened the cover. I am too swamped now to get it taken care of. Since I have the one year warranty the pressure isn't really too high. I can call the dealer and chat about it.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #27  
HB,

C'mon......i'm on the edge of my seat........................ /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

RD

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #29  
Jerry:

I might add that being in the steel business myself, I'd give an educated guess that the center section starts out as a leveled sheet of steel, by leveled, I mean that the steel starts out in a coil of what we call steel bands, most likely hot rolled. It's then run on an uncoiler and through a leveler and then is most likely fed into a press and is die stamped as a flat part. After that, it is most likely cold roll formed into the desired shape. If, the stamping die is worn, it could cause an edge fracture at the stamped edge which would weaken the metal and ultimately cause it to crack under stress (where the acess door is blanked out). That would explain why some loaders crack and others don't. If the Rockwell is too high it will also compound the problem.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #30  
Could it be drilled to stop the crack, then welded?

KO