CK30- Kioti loader failure

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #1  

Highbeam

Tractor
Kioti CK30HST
Folks, a little problem here. I have 127 hours and 6 months on this tractor and I am a lube freak so it struck me odd when I started hearing a creak while doing loader work. I went back and lubed again and the creak didn't go away. Everything was working well and I carried on. When cleaning the machine on a rare dry day I noticed some cracks in the major center cross beam. The cracks extend from the access door cut and I suspect they were caused by loading the bucket on one side more than the other. I have a toothbar and use it to root stuff out. I do everything but PTO work at 2000 rpm.

Please see the pics and tell me what you think.

This pic, the bottom towards the bucket. (Yes, I risked my life to take these pics)

Attachments

• 827973-small-bottom.JPG
    827973-small-bottom.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 819
   / CK30- Kioti loader failure
This pic the top of the same xmember. The cracks just barely make it over the bend in the steel.

Attachments

• 827976-small-top.JPG
    827976-small-top.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 664
And now a crack close up. The little marks are from tie down chain rubbing. My chains go from the frame horns over the bucket and then down to the trailer. Just a rub.

Attachments

• 827978-small-close.JPG
    827978-small-close.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 628
Tows like so.

Attachments

• 827981-towin small.JPG
    827981-towin small.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 577
   / CK30- Kioti loader failure #5  
Kinda hard to see in the pics but it looks like i can see what you are talking about. Loader carries a 1 year warranty, never heard of any of these breaking though.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #6  
Man that sucks. I am confident that Kioti will fix it, but what are they going to do to prevent it from happening again?
This will be interesting.......in a sad sort of way /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Keep us posted.

RD

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #7  
BTW, this has nothing to do with the stress cracks, but, i have been running around 2400 rpm because 2000 seems sluggish. Am i over doing it or just drinking more fuel?

RD

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #8  
Who manufactures the K130 loader? Is it Rhino? And are their backhoes from Rhino as well?

As far as 2000 rpm, I do it because it sounds like a sweet spot and in middle range things are moving just fine. With the engine screaming at PTO speed it is a lot louder and things are twitchier. If I was doing commercial work then I would probably do the work rev'd up.

Do you think you folks could feel for cracks on your loaders? All four cracks are in the same spot about an inch and a half inboard of that first bolt.

Glad to hear there is a one year warranty. While the loader isn't as pricey as a backhoe, it isn't cheap either. I suppose this is where buying from a dependable dealer pays off.

I'll take this oppurtunity to order some nick-nacks like the blinker bulb socket that was ripped out by a branch and maybe a brush guard... I suppose I'll call my dealer soon.

/ CK30- Kioti loader failure #10  
Loaders are made in Korea buy a Mfg for Kioti, same as backhoes. Rhino has not been building the Kioti loaders for a while now.