Kioti DK35

/ Kioti DK35 #1  

Dale_TB

Tractor
Kioti DK-35
I have a Kioti DK35 with a 4 in 1 loader bucket and quick coupler, forks and scraper box. It is a little less than three years old with 194 hours. The front drive axle has developed a sharp ratcheting sound when engaged under a load. There is also a growl type sound emitting from the transmission or transfer case. I dropped at the dealers for repair and am waiting for the phone call when they open it up. Warranty says it will cover only parts after two years. I'm interested to hear if anyone has had a similar experience and what was determined to be the problem. It's been a great unit to date.

/ Kioti DK35 #2  
THE BAD NEWS: That noise you're hearing sounds expensive.
THE GOOD NEWS: You'll be getting that free lunch.
Sorry don't mean to be unsympathetic,just couldn't resist after reading the free lunch post.......good luck with that,Mike.

/ Kioti DK35 #3  
Northcreek,
Your bad! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kioti DK35
Thought I'd share what little Info. I have to date. The front wheel drive ring and pinion gear was trashed and the dealer is waiting for parts. Have no Info. yet regarding Kioti picking-up the labor as well as the parts since the unit has only 194 hours and shows no sign of heavy work or abuse. Will let you know when I get more Information.

/ Kioti DK35 #5  
Thanks Dale for the update.
Hope your up and running again soon.

/ Kioti DK35 #6  
Dale, just wondering if you bought this tractor new yourself, or used. If used, I wonder what kind of maintenance it had as regards front axle lubrication.
I'm sorry to hear you're having the trouble. I've only known of this happening on a couple of older DK55s, and I think it was usually caused by weak spots in the pinion that got through quality assurance tests.
Best of luck.
John

/ Kioti DK35
I bought it new from Runaway Tractor Co. in Grants Pass. Darrel (owner) has been in G.P. for over 16 years and has a good reputation which was very important to me in making my final selection. I chose the Kioti over a Kubota because the front axle seemed to be much stronger. I suspect a single tooth failed on the ring or pinion gears and subsequently caused all the damage to the assembly. Kioti did not ship all the parts that were ordered so I'm still waiting. Will post the results when all costs are known. Thanks, Dale.

/ Kioti DK35
A final update on my front axle failure: Kioti shipped the parts to the dealer (Runaway Tractor Farm in Grants Pass, Oregon) but failed to send the ring and pinion. They had to come from Korea. Picked up my tractor last week after waiting about a month. Kioti would not cover the labor cost as it is past the two year warranty period. Having only 194 hours didn't seem to make a difference. However, the dealer said he would help and only charged me $235 which included a full service!!! Great to have a reliable and responsive dealer. No explainatiion as to what caused the failure other than running in 4wd on a hard surface. I've got no pavement on my 2.5 acres so this is not an issue. I suspect it was a faulty gear and when the first tooth failed, it may have caused the damage to the others.

/ Kioti DK35 #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I suspect it was a faulty gear and when the first tooth failed, it may have caused the damage to the others. )</font>
I agree that that's probably what happened. That's what I think happened to one that I saw a long while back.

The price wasn't bad at all as I've seen service cost $250 for many folks.

John