Different size category ends

/ Different size category ends #1  

Donnyj

Platinum Member
Tractor
Looking
On the DK45S the standard size I guess is Cat.1 3pt hitch arms. At least mine is. Can you put Cat.2 size on? I tried to plow today, except I found out I needed Cat.2 ends. Any ideas?

/ Different size category ends #2  
Find yourself a welder to convert it to cat. 1 pins.
It's much easier to go from II to I by using bushings, but either you can trade that plow, or put new connections on it.
John
EDIT: I was also thinking about the difference in spacing of the Cat. II pins. I'm not sure if you can mount that plow without having problems with the larger spacing causing the arms to hit the tires.
Just something else to consider.
John

/ Different size category ends #3  
Donny, I guess the eyesockets on your arms are CAT 1, and the lift pins on the plow are CAT 2? Is it possible to remove the plow pins, and replace with CAT 1 pins? I know my NH has these quick link ends that can be extended, and after you raise the implement, the ends slide back and self latch themselfs. At least that's how it's suppose to work. I would think that they could be replaced with CAT 1 ends. My TC48 came with CAT 2 link ends, so I bought a set of bushings at Tractor Supply to fit the CAT 1 implements, if I ever get any besides the 3PH Cement mixer, and my Ballast box. Does your DK45S have the links that extend, seems to me it does? That's quite a stout tractor, so CAT 2 shouldn't be out of the question. Can Wallace clue use in on this? Are the Kioti DK45S link ends extendable, and or replaceable? You could away try and swap out the pins on the plow. For another solution, CAT 1 is 3/4", so maybe you could just bolt the plow on with some 3/4" bolts if you have a set that would work. Tractor supply also sells new weldable link ends in both CAT 1, and CAT 2 sizes. I wish we were closer, I'd love to pull that plow, and see if the draft control truely works on the TC48. Drop that plow set into the earth, and seat those piston rings......... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'd better wind this up, I'm starting to talk myself into putting the orange triangle on, and driving over to your place..... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Different size category ends
Actually I borrowed the plow from a friend down the street. JD 3 bottom. Had to borrow his tractor as well. Ford 3910. Pulled it with no problem. The ball ends on the Ford are replacable by simply unhooking a latch and swapping out the balls with a different size. Nice setup. Dads 3930 Ford is the same way. Does Kioti have something like this? It would be nice to have different sizes. Maybe one of the Kioti dealers on here could offer some suggestions.

/ Different size category ends #5  
When I ordered my DK45S back in June of last year I requested that they put the cat II lower link mounts on it. Was going to borrow the neighbors 6 foot rotary cutter and it has cat II pins> This is my first post on the forum but have been looking at it for a few months. Lots of good information available.

/ Different size category ends
Welcome to TBN and thanks for the info!! Rick Wallace informed me today on the options that I have. Cat.2 lower links with bushings that will reduce it down to Cat.1 when needed. You are correct about the wealth of info on here. Great people on here that are very helpful. Welcome aboard and thanks again for the input!