Backhoe Backhoe stabilizer pads installed

/ Backhoe stabilizer pads installed #11  
Anyone could make these fairly easily.
Take a flat piece of steel and add sides to it, then grind out metal to form the "scallops" of the feet, drill out the mounting holes.

A good welder could have these done in short order.

John

/ Backhoe stabilizer pads installed #12  
Dredging up an old thread here

I was playing around in the yard digging up some some Forsythia shrubs. I can see right now I will need something like this. My dealer carries them on his website. Does Kioti make them? (Big Foot pad)

/ Backhoe stabilizer pads installed #13  
Kioti does make them which your dealer can order for you or they might just have a pair in stock. Kioti also has a rubber set for working on pavement.

They were a little expensive for what you get. My opinion. So I made my own from angle iron. If you have a welder, you're set other than buying a few bolts.

/ Backhoe stabilizer pads installed #14  
Thanks VictorW,
They do seem a bit steep to me. I'll make a trip to the scrap yard in the next few days.

/ Backhoe stabilizer pads installed #15  
caver said:
Dredging up an old thread here

LOL, :D Ya sure fooled me, my browser took me to an old KiotiJohn posting and my jaw dropped thinking he was back on TBN.:D

Come back KJ:)

/ Backhoe stabilizer pads installed #17  
KiotiDave said:
HI,
Fooled me too!!!
Hope you're doing well John.
KiotiDave
What ever happen to John ? My first time on TBN, John called me from Florida to my home in Calif. to help me.

/ Backhoe stabilizer pads installed #18  
I got around to making some stabilizer pads. Bummed some scrap 10" channel from work. Took them down to a former co-worker who is enjoying retirement.
He welded some ends in place from some scrap he had around. Earl Scheib paint job and bolted them on this morning. yes i realize the paint job looks crappy,,,,I just wanted something that looked better than rust
I originally was going to have him weld one cross piece near the middle making the bottom look like an H. He suggested welding the ends and I said whatever is easiest on you.
140368526-S.jpg

/ Backhoe stabilizer pads installed #19  
Those look like they will work and the price was certainly right. My only concern would be that they might build up mud/soil and that you'd need to clean them out with a stick. If you look at the BigFoot version you'll see that there are open spots in the sidewall to reduce trapping of mud. Even with those open spots, my BigFoot pads can get partially filled with moist soil.

/ Backhoe stabilizer pads installed #20  
Was referred to this by another thread. Interesting - do they help all that much over filling the bucket with rocks, which has worked pretty well to keep me planted?