50 hour service

/ 50 hour service #1  

coasterez

Banned
Tractor
Kioti CK25, JD425 AWS
Well, hard to believe I'm at 50 hours already, just since early March. Did the 50 hour service today. Sure was a lot of fluid. Went smoothly enough except that I had my 13 year old helping me. I showed him where and how to remove the engine oil pan drain plugs and left him to it for a couple of minutes. The silly kid didn't put the drain pan under it correctly and then just "ran for help". By the time I got back, he had let over a gallon of motor oil spill onto the ground. What a mess! Well hopefully he and I learned a lesson from that.

I then checked over the whole tractor for loose bolts and what not. Greased all the fittings and lubricated just about every moving part with a touch of lithium. Drove her around a bit and then rechecked the fluids. All remained full.

I did unknowingly leave a rubber washer off of one of the rear tranaxle drain plugs. By the time I realized it (when I found the washer in the bottom of the dirty oil), I had already refilled with fluids. I thought for a minute about pulling the plug and quickly putting the washer back on. But then I thought about how much fluid would come gushing out; I thought better of it. After I drove it around for a bit, I checked the plug for leaks and found none. So, I've decided to save the washer and put it back on at the next changing. Ha! Like father, like son!

There is a descrepancy in the manual, however. One place it states that the HST's require 7.93 gallons of hydraulic fluid vs. 7.19 for the shuttles. In another it is reversed. I ended up putting about 7.5 gallons in - not quite to the full line. Mine is shuttle. I would expect the HST's to require more given the extra filter, etc.

Another problem (probably me), the manual shows 3 grease fittings as viewed from the back, looking at the rear transaxle and 3ph. But, I looked and looked and can only find 2. One on the 3ph right arm level adjust crank, and one on the right side on a linkage arm (not sure what the arm was controlling). There are several linkages on the left, but none had grease fittings. Which one did I miss?

BTW the hydraulic filter was way too tight. It took quite a bit of torque to break it free. I think it was painted on or something. Had to crush it a bit to get it loose.

Tom

/ 50 hour service #2  
I am a first time tractor owner 30ck hst with BH. I just finished my 50 service this afternoon. Things went better than expected for the first time. I put blocks under the subframe, what i dont know if the subframe is level with the brackets when I go to re-attach the BH. I paid $50 dollars for the 3 filters, transmission and hydraulic fuild was another $50 dollars and I already had the motor oil. The filters I got from the dealer and the fuilds from Sam's Club. If you know anything that would make it easier to re-attach the BH please let me know.

/ 50 hour service #3  
I am a first time tractor owner 30ck hst with BH. I just finished my 50 service this afternoon. Things went better than expected for the first time. I put blocks under the subframe, what i dont know if the subframe is level with the brackets when I go to re-attach the BH. I paid $50 dollars for the 3 filters, transmission and hydraulic fuild was another $50 dollars and I already had the motor oil. The filters I got from the dealer and the fuilds from Sam's Club. If you know anything that would make it easier to re-attach the BH please let me know.

/ 50 hour service #4  
I have a CK30hst with Kioti fel and bh. To re-attach the bh, back up with the bh frame under the tractor and close enough to connect the hydro lines. Have the subframe as centered as you can under the tractor. Turn off the tractor and connect the lines. Restart the tractor and an idle will do. Lower the boom for the bucket to touch the ground and have the dipperstick perpendicular to the ground. Lower the stabilizer legs until they just touch the ground. Then use the boom for your front and back tilt and the stabilizer legs for your left to right tilt of the subframe to get it to line up with the mounts. When lined up back into the bh until it's in the mounts. With the three controls, you can move the subframe anywhere you want.
I don't have a nice level place to set the bh and this still works for me. I was a little slow the first time but it gets easier the more you do it. One other thing. Make sure to remove your draw bar pins or the rear mount won't slide in. Yes, I learned this by experience. Another live and learn lesson.

/ 50 hour service #5  
I have a CK30hst with Kioti fel and bh. To re-attach the bh, back up with the bh frame under the tractor and close enough to connect the hydro lines. Have the subframe as centered as you can under the tractor. Turn off the tractor and connect the lines. Restart the tractor and an idle will do. Lower the boom for the bucket to touch the ground and have the dipperstick perpendicular to the ground. Lower the stabilizer legs until they just touch the ground. Then use the boom for your front and back tilt and the stabilizer legs for your left to right tilt of the subframe to get it to line up with the mounts. When lined up back into the bh until it's in the mounts. With the three controls, you can move the subframe anywhere you want.
I don't have a nice level place to set the bh and this still works for me. I was a little slow the first time but it gets easier the more you do it. One other thing. Make sure to remove your draw bar pins or the rear mount won't slide in. Yes, I learned this by experience. Another live and learn lesson.

/ 50 hour service
I have a Rhino backhoe. I've only taken it off, and have yet to put it back on. Came off in about 1 minute. I'm hoping it'll go back on so easy (probably not). Used the bucket and riggers to remove,similar to as previously described.

BTW, the magnets on the two tranny plugs only had very fine iron filings attached. No big pieces, and thankfully no nut/bolt like another has found.

/ 50 hour service
I have a Rhino backhoe. I've only taken it off, and have yet to put it back on. Came off in about 1 minute. I'm hoping it'll go back on so easy (probably not). Used the bucket and riggers to remove,similar to as previously described.

BTW, the magnets on the two tranny plugs only had very fine iron filings attached. No big pieces, and thankfully no nut/bolt like another has found.

/ 50 hour service #8  
Gonna do my 50 HR next weekend. Hope it goes as smoothly as you folks say /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
What kind of oil, HST fluid is everyone using? Any synthetics?I've got the filters, just need to get the oil.
Any secrets (removing filters, bolts etc..)?

The Rhino gets easier to re-install, the hardest part is lining the Tractor up.

/ 50 hour service #9  
Gonna do my 50 HR next weekend. Hope it goes as smoothly as you folks say /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
What kind of oil, HST fluid is everyone using? Any synthetics?I've got the filters, just need to get the oil.
Any secrets (removing filters, bolts etc..)?

The Rhino gets easier to re-install, the hardest part is lining the Tractor up.

/ 50 hour service
I simply used Tractor Supply Company, store brand oil. Engine oil SAE30 formulated for diesels. Universal hydraulic/transmission fluid for shuttle, hydraulics. 90 weight Gear oil in axle. I spent a $100 on petroleum.

Synthetics are great, but not necessary if you change your oil regularly.

Good luck. Have big containers for all that fluid. Check your axle level several times after you run it for a while.

Tom