kioti DK35

/ kioti DK35 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have a Kioti DK35 with 32 hours on it with no problems at all. Getting ready for the 35 hour fluid change. I looked at all the other tractors before buying it and I don't think I could be any happier with my Kioti. I have heard others talking about the engine actually being a Perkins diesel is this true? I like the fact that I paid 3-4 thousand less for more tractor than the green or orange could offer. Anyone that says they can get a 35 HP green, orange, MF, NH or any other with remote hyd., loader, 4x4, sync shuttle shift, and draft for $15800 is eaither a dealer or blowing smoke. Kioti is the best out there and I've done my home work on this. Don't let anyone tell you different. They just paid to much and don't have as much tractor.

/ kioti DK35
Oh yea, I forgot to mention the kioti is 600 lbs heavier the the others and that means alot when operating a FEL.

/ kioti DK35 #3  
John,

I have a Deere (790), 4x4, MMM, FEL, ballast, woods box, gear shift. It is a 30 HP Yanmar. I paid 16.9 K. I agree that you got a lot more of tractor for your money.

The reason I got a Deere as opposed to a newer entry brand is that I know the resale is good, parts are there, and I will probably the have to worry about Deere going out of business.

I think it is great that you got a Kioti. Giving Kioti business helps all stay competitive.

Buck

/ kioti DK35 #4  
nice to hear you got good a tractor. lets not forget that any tractor, green, orange, red or blue can be either good or bad. anything mechanical can break at any time. my kioti pulled me out of a big jam with grace yesterday. i did think it was tring to dig it's way back to Korea first.

James "woody" Mills

/ kioti DK35 #5  
Welcome to the forum John Bain. Congrats on the purchase. The DK35 came out a few months after I got my LK3504. I paid $13k for mine with FEL and R-4's about this time last year. I have been very satisfied with mine and have had no problems to date. I did re-route the exhaust, see this post for description.

I just recently got a digital camera and have posted some photos in the "Photos" forum.

18-82877-avatar.jpg

/ kioti DK35
I agree that your resale is better right now but, I think that Kioti is in the same position that Honda was in the early 70's now look at Honda. I boght a 1973 Honda Civic in 1973 when everyone said "Don't buy that Jap Crap". I took a chance then and I'm taking a chance now. The JD 790 is a good tractor and if I could have afforded a JD 4400, the equivlant to my Kioti, I would have been a JD owner. I always liked to buck the tide though. Kioti POWER!

/ kioti DK35 #7  
JB, nice looking tractor.. and a heck of a buy. There is a little tractor place just down the road that carries the Kioti... In fact it is half way between me and the nearest town.... I am getting the feeling I need to stop and talk.

/ kioti DK35
I have been comparing compacts (gotta stay on top of things). I thought the 790 JD would give the Kioti a run for the money BUT, I started comparing all of the specs, the Kioti blows the deere away. Here's something that I haven't seen mentioned when people compare the Kioti to the deere. The deere is still using drum brakes the Kioti has disc. Deere calls this tractor the economy series. The dealer gave me a price of 11,100 on a plain 790 (which ain't bad). If you compare features the Kioti is very competitive, alot more tractor for the money.

/ kioti DK35 #9  
i bought my 3054 because it was the package from payeur that also had the metavic loader and woods package that fit my needs. purpose built machine at used and i might add bargin price. but i continue to be impressed by the tractor it does do it. at low speed it runs fine and when i bump it to 2000 or 2500 rpm it really makes power.

James "woody" Mills

/ kioti DK35 #10  
Hi kioti85
this is John Bain. I'm now registered as jb112454. nice to hear someone is also doing their home work on these tractors. Your really have to watch JD because their economy really means a couple years back model from what I can see. Thanks for the support.