kioti DK35 engine oil

/ kioti DK35 engine oil #1  

jb112454

Silver Member
Tractor
2001 Kioti DK35
What's the best oil to use? I was looking at Mystic since they have a complete line of JT ag oils and lubricants. I want to keep cost down but have a reliable product. I change my lubricants right on schedule.

Anyone have any Kioti power stories? I brush hog in Hi 1st and 2nd. If my Kioti can push it over it will brush hog it. Might have to shift to low 4th or 3rd though.

JB

/ kioti DK35 engine oil #2  
JB-

No help on the oil, my first oil change is about due. When I bought my LK3504, the dealer threw in several changes worth of filters. The oil filters were Yanmar brand.

Power stories...
This is my first tractor w/FEL. The first task was to use it to remove an outdoor riding arena in preperation a covered one. I used the FEL to pop the rails (2x6x8') off the posts. I broke only four boards out of several hundred, but manuvering in the corners, I barely bumped a couple of the 4x6 pressure treated posts, snapping them off like tooth picks. They had only been in the ground two years so they were not rotten.

I also learned quickly to raise the bucket up past fence height when brush hogging in corners. That bucket rips up mesh field fence with ease.

Since my last tractor was a Minneapolis Moline model BG with 19 draw bar hp, the Kioti is quite a step up. The old M&M did educate me some in the ten years I owned it. It was what kept me from buying the economy models of Deere and Kubota. I will never own another tractor without disk brakes and live PTO. I will never own another tractor with a "collar shift" non-sychro transmission. Yep, Kioti is a lot of tractor for the money, but if you must have a hyrdrostatic transmission, its not the one for you. If they offered a hyrdrostatic transmission I think their market share would greatly improve. But I like shuttle shift and that was what I was looking for in Deere & Kubota before I learned about the Kioti's. PS, my Cummins is a six speed, I like to shift.

18-82877-avatar.jpg

/ kioti DK35 engine oil
Hi Miklos, I too have found that the FEL is very useful in pulling and pushing things. I had a fish screen on the overflow of one of my ponds that the beavers had damed up with mud and branches. The FEL pulled the expanded metal out of the mud and branches no problem. I then was able to cut the overflow out with the FEL and box blade. The tractor was perfect for the job. I assume you were talking about a Dodge when you mentioned the six speed cummins. I have a 95 cummins with a five speed. Use it to tow a three horse trailer and anything else such as my flat bed with my Kioti when I brought it home. By the way, I used the Mystic oil 15-40 heavy duty and I think I'll start using it in my cummins also. Have a good one,

JB

/ kioti DK35 engine oil #4  
Cummins

Yeah, I drive an '01 3500 dually 4x4 Dodge Cummins 6 spd, HO and my wife drives a cherry 92 Dodge Cummins w/auto. Besides pulling my flatbed trailer with the Kioti, I also pull an all aluminum 2 horse trailer (sport horse size) and a two place enclosed snowmobile trrailer. The '01 also is used to pack a two place upper deck with two snowmobiles on it or a 11'6" FSC camper.

18-82877-avatar.jpg

Attachments

• 42-83595-Nov17$39.jpg
    42-83595-Nov17$39.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 415
   / kioti DK35 engine oil
Re: Cummins

What type of horses do you have? We have 4 Quarter Horses. Two are our old mares of which one is retired and the other is a brood mare. My wide rides a sorrel 15-3 hand gilding and I ride a 15 hand red dun mare. We just went on a 4 hour trail ride at a friends ranch. It was a group ride and the first for my wifes horse and he did perfect. She was really happy since she broke and trained him. Looks like you really like cummins we would like to get another but got to pay down some bills first. You know the American way. I heard that the cummins contract runs out in 2003 or 2004 and they plan to put a Benz engine in the trucks. Have a good one.

JB

/ kioti DK35 engine oil #6  

My wide rides a sorrel 15-3 hand gilding and I ride a 15 hand red dun mare.

Man I hope your WIFE doesn't see that.
Sorry I couldn't resist. My fingers don't always work right either :)

/ kioti DK35 engine oil #7  

We have one Dutch Warmblood gelding that is my wifes current jumper. We also have an approved mare on a feed lease that we have bred to another Dutch Warmblood. The sire we used is also the sire of Dejiem (sp) who won the main jumping event in the last Olympics.

I used to ride, but ran out of time to keep both myself and a horse in shape. Now I bicycle a lot instead, both on and off road.

For '03 Dodges, there is supposed to be a choice of diesels. You can pick between Benz or Cummins. The '03 Cummins is a new engine with common rail injection, much quieter, lower emissions, better economy, more power, etc.

18-82877-avatar.jpg

/ kioti DK35 engine oil

Woops "d" and "f" are right next to each other on the keyboard. Thanks

JB

/ kioti DK35 engine oil

Nice horses. We sold 3 horses this summer just before the bottom dropped out so I guess we did all right. I got my oil changed all right now I'm at 46 hours and 50 hours is the trans fluid 12 gallons. My 8N only took half that.

JB