CK25

/ CK25 #1  

quarkion

Tractor
Kioti CK25 gear
Just got a CK25 gear w/ FEL, 5' bushhog,and 5' box blade about a week ago. After researching I thought it would be the best tractor for me and my uses. I just bought 10 acres of land and am building a home and barn on it. I have 11 hrs on it so far and would have more if I would quit having small problems w/ the tractor. Heres what has happened to me so far. The hydraulic connectors beside the FEL started leaking fluid badly, the clear case around the fuel filter busted causing me to lose half my fuel, FEL joystick came loose and would just spin around freely, and the battery terminals jumped off while I was driving because they were loose for some reason. I like the tractor but I have had to take it back for repairs 3 times in 10 hrs. of use. This is the 1st tractor ive had and want to know if this is common for a new tractor. What should I do?

/ CK25
Just got a CK25 gear w/ FEL, 5' bushhog,and 5' box blade about a week ago. After researching I thought it would be the best tractor for me and my uses. I just bought 10 acres of land and am building a home and barn on it. I have 11 hrs on it so far and would have more if I would quit having small problems w/ the tractor. Heres what has happened to me so far. The hydraulic connectors beside the FEL started leaking fluid badly, the clear case around the fuel filter busted causing me to lose half my fuel, FEL joystick came loose and would just spin around freely, and the battery terminals jumped off while I was driving because they were loose for some reason. I like the tractor but I have had to take it back for repairs 3 times in 10 hrs. of use. This is the 1st tractor ive had and want to know if this is common for a new tractor. What should I do?

/ CK25 #3  
Check the loader for cracks? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The dealer is at fault for the battery terminals since the tractors ship without batteries.

The leaky connections for the loader are common. I have one that leaks rather badly. The dealer told me to reseal it with teflon tape.

The filter bowl busting is a new one for me. That could be pretty serious though. I'll check mine when I get it back.

Just be sure each of these things are fixed and that way it won't happen again.

Honestly though, you took it to the dealer because the battery terminals came loose? You're going to need to be able to do a couple of your own fixes on some of these things.

/ CK25 #4  
Check the loader for cracks? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The dealer is at fault for the battery terminals since the tractors ship without batteries.

The leaky connections for the loader are common. I have one that leaks rather badly. The dealer told me to reseal it with teflon tape.

The filter bowl busting is a new one for me. That could be pretty serious though. I'll check mine when I get it back.

Just be sure each of these things are fixed and that way it won't happen again.

Honestly though, you took it to the dealer because the battery terminals came loose? You're going to need to be able to do a couple of your own fixes on some of these things.

/ CK25
HAHA no not for the battery! for the hydraulics, fuel filter, and the fel joystick.

/ CK25
HAHA no not for the battery! for the hydraulics, fuel filter, and the fel joystick.

/ CK25 #7  
No it's not common for the QDs to leak contrary to what Highbeam said. That's also a dealer issue as the dealer installs the loader and should have ensured that the connections didn't leak.

The dealer also installs the batteries as the tractors are shipped without batteries. That's another strike against whoever "prepped" the tractor.

As for the fuel bowl breakage, I've only heard of one other. Could be a batch of inferior glass that was missed.

Sorry you've had so many problems. I've chatted with many CK25 owners, and they've all been quite happy with their tractors and haven't complained of any of those problems.

John

/ CK25 #8  
No it's not common for the QDs to leak contrary to what Highbeam said. That's also a dealer issue as the dealer installs the loader and should have ensured that the connections didn't leak.

The dealer also installs the batteries as the tractors are shipped without batteries. That's another strike against whoever "prepped" the tractor.

As for the fuel bowl breakage, I've only heard of one other. Could be a batch of inferior glass that was missed.

Sorry you've had so many problems. I've chatted with many CK25 owners, and they've all been quite happy with their tractors and haven't complained of any of those problems.

John

/ CK25 #9  
I don't know how the fuel bowl was broken, but most of those problems sound like poor dealer prep. In 84 hours I haven't had any problems.

/ CK25 #10  
I don't know how the fuel bowl was broken, but most of those problems sound like poor dealer prep. In 84 hours I haven't had any problems.